This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ILS localiser bar does not move

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILS localiser bar does not move
    Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:45pm
I've been attempting ILS approaches for the first time with the Hawk (FSX). I am finding that the localiser indicator deviation bar does not move when approaching the runway. It stays fully offset to the left. The glideslope indicator works alright.

- On the right console, the ILS frequency is set, and the rotary is set to ILS.
- On the right panel, the nav mode button is set to ILS. (The nearby marker light does not illuminate when pushed to test. Neither have I ever noticed it light up on approaches.)
- On the leg panel, the rotary is set to SLV.
- On the HSI, the track index (with the deviation bar) is set to the runway course.

I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this please.
Mutley321 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 5:12pm
I don't think anyone will.  Seems JF don't monitor this forum or at least they can't answer the questions surrounding this aircraft.  I've been waiting for a response to my question for a couple of weeks now.

Personally this is the most disappointing purchase from JF - Usually there stuff is top drawer but this aircraft is bug central for P3D v4
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:31pm
Hi Phil,
I've just given this a try and it's working for me. 
Thanks for the breakdown of the procedure you have followed. The missing step might be to check the rotary dial on the ILS - by default its set to OFF. Make sure it's on ILS. 
Phil Bridge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 6:22pm
Rich
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have selected ILS with the rotary dial. (I mentioned this in my post actually, if you look carefully, lol!) The localiser bar is permanently fully offset to the left - could that be a clue as to what is wrong? The bar is shown centred, in the HSI, in my manual on page 18.
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic