This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vulcan frame rate issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vulcan frame rate issues
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:24am
I have tried on 4 occasions to fly the new Vulcan but have failed as the frame rate slows dramatically and it impossible to get the VC textures to show for quite a while. I have turned down the AI and tried to fly out of Ascension Island where there is no other scenery to get in the way but no change.

I have uninstalled and re-installed twice with no change and also using the 1.01 version.

I haven't seen any other frame rate posts so this could just be me but even though the Tornado still has some slight frame rate issues, all other aircraft are fine. 

Any one else having issues or is it just me and any advice on how to rectify?Confused
David Harwood BEng Aerospace
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:00am
Hi David,

Which simulator are you using? We didn't encounter any performance issues during testing and see very good FPS considering the complexity/detail of the product. The performance issues that affected the Tornado wouldn't occur for the Vulcan as they were related to specific systems/features of that product.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
david.harwood View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:21am
Martyn, I'm using FSX with acceleration. I'm as surprised as you as the lack of complex systems in the Vulcan should make it run OK. I don't have the fastest system but can fly the JF Tornado and  VRS FA-18E without too many issues as long as I'm flying without too many scenery add-ons and the AI turned down.

Not sure if my system is just starting to struggle now considering P3D seems to be the way everyone is going with their add-ons but any help or advice would be appreciated as I've waited for this one for a while.

Also runnig the VC-10 and Lanc with no real problems!

David
Mnemonic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:18pm
I'm flying Vulcan in FSX Steam Edition and don't have any problems with framerate. However Vulcan uses many high-rez textures, more than others I have, so it could consume more video memory. Which videocard you use and how much video RAM it has?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:37pm
It would seem I have the following;

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Approx total memory - 6107MB
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:48am
It's a complex model with lots of high resolution textures so an onboard GPU might struggle. We are looking into providing an alternative set of 2048 textures (reduced resolution but lower memory usage) for anyone that is encountering performance issues.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:13pm
Martyn,

Many thanks for that. That would be great as I've yet to start the thing up let alone have a flight. Its so annoying to see the potential but not put it to use.

Will be waiting!

Thank you.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm
Martyn,

Just had a flight from Cold Lake (SDB Scenery) with AI on 100% and managed a flight in XL426CAMO without too many issues. A tad stuttery at times but I have a great deal of AI at Cold Lake. Managed a circuit and landing (not great) but all good.

Not sure what has changed but also got into XL445K" and all good again.

Will look forward to less demanding textures but at least I can fly the Vulcan now without too many issues.

David
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:11am
Might look into upgrading the graphics card. You seem to be aware of the limitations, even for a decrepit sim like FSX Acc...
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:34pm
Can't upgrade as its a Laptop. FSX is fine for me. Don't really want to pay for P3D until I can upgrade the hardware to run it and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with FSX and still a great number running FS9.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic