This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rudder movement, help please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rudder movement, help please!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:41am
Just wonder about the ruddermovement, when on ground/taxi the rudder works fine, full movement in the tailfin, but when in flight, and most of all when doing the approach to sort of help the aircraft from "sliding" sideways and not beeing in line with the runway, the ruddermovement is so limited, and hardly not movong att all. A little bit to the left/right, thats all, and it does not seem to effect the plane as the rudder should do... I have read the manual, anf cant find that I am doing something wrong, am I still missing something or is this "normal" for the Vulcan? 
Best regards
Per
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:24pm
Sounds to me very much like the default FS Yaw Damper is turned on. For the Vulcan, which has a noticeable amount of adverse aileron yaw, the yaw damper kills any effective usage because it appears to prioritise what the sim thinks the rudder should be doing over what the pilot is actually trying to do. This is an aircraft where you need to be on top of the rudder all the time, the FS yaw damper is not subtle enough to be of any use.

It may be that the YD is enabled from your default flight? Try assigning a key or button to it and turn it off before going flying - the rudder should have enough power to sway the nose to either side of the runway in approach config / speeds (but beware the secondary effect of rudder creeping in!)

Cheers,
Paul.
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:14pm
Thanks a lot Paul! I will give that a try and see if the Yaw damper is the reason why the rudder in "not" working!
Thanks again!
Best regards
Per
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic