This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Few minor problems with Vulcan package for FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Few minor problems with Vulcan package for FSX
    Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:41pm
I'm really enjoying recent Just Flight release of an iconic Vulcan,
however here are some issues I noticed, and would love to see this fixed.
I'm using FSX Steam edition and installed latest 1.01 version of Vulcan and addon for it.

1. In my FSX "free flight" menu, all Vulcan preview images are the same, of course if I select them, skins on actual models are different.

2. In the manual in the "Flying the Vulcan" section it is mentioned that:
"4. Select Just Flight Vulcan tutorial flight from the list of saved flights."
I don't have any tutorial flights for the Vulcan in my installation.
Bellerophon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellerophon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:13am
I must confirm these problems. At least the tutorial flight should be issued soon.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:59am
Both of these will be addressed in an upcoming update.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mnemonic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:21pm
Thanks Martyn, great to hear that!
And thanks to the team for an awesome Vulcan digital replica!
david.harwood View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:34pm
I've just replaced the thumbnails with images from tinternet for now! Makes the selection easy enough until there is an update.
David Harwood BEng Aerospace
XA907 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XA907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:23pm
Hi Martyn.  You seem to have covered most of the initial teething troubles with the Vulcan, however, one additional one I have noticed is the engine temp gauges which seem to be working in revers ie hotter at idle then cooling with increased engine rpm to max. When I ran the engines up while working on Vulcans in the 60s/70s temperatures increase with RPM. Other than that it is an excellent add on and very much as I remember them in the RAF.

Regards to you and your team
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:37pm
Yes, already working on the engine temps - wouldn't be much use for the JPT limiters as it currently is, would there Embarrassed
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellerophon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:54am
Great to hear things are sorted out. The Vulcan is great, I thank JF for having taken it up!
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:15pm
Is this aeroplane as good as or better than the excellent JF Canberra PR9, my favourite aeroplane, even though there a few minor snags still to be addressed?

I have the previous version, ported from FS2004, in my hangar but could not get to grips with it as it seemed that the C of G was slightly 'off'.

I am currently using FSX:SE (I do have the boxed Deluxe edition) but can live with the odd idiosyncracy that the Steam Edition does like to throw up.

On a side note I was contemplating an upgrade P3D v4 but reading the EULA for an academic licence it can't be used for 'entertainment' purposes. 

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm
I'll leave others to provide their thoughts but the Vulcan is visually and functionally superior to the Canberra PR9, and similar in terms of look/style as it was developed by the same team but with five years more experience.

Regarding C of G, the new Vulcan simulates features of the real aircraft like the mach trimmer which progressively applies back pressure to the controls at higher speeds to prevent the issue of the aircraft pitching down.

Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

I'll leave others to provide their thoughts but the Vulcan is visually and functionally superior to the Canberra PR9, and similar in terms of look/style as it was developed by the same team but with five years more experience.

Regarding C of G, the new Vulcan simulates features of the real aircraft like the mach trimmer which progressively applies back pressure to the controls at higher speeds to prevent the issue of the aircraft pitching down.

Martyn

Thank you for the above regarding the Vulcan attributes against the Canberra.  Five years experience does indeed pay off and I will definately consider adding her to my hangar.  I think I shall wait until the update in respect of the FDE/ AP Alt Hold has been released as I am more of long distance flyer who like to manage 'systems' than one who likes to 'buzz' control towers.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellerophon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Uncle Bucc Uncle Bucc wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Martyn

Thank you for the above regarding the Vulcan attributes against the Canberra.  Five years experience does indeed pay off and I will definately consider adding her to my hangar.  I think I shall wait until the update in respect of the FDE/ AP Alt Hold has been released as I am more of long distance flyer who like to manage 'systems' than one who likes to 'buzz' control towers.

The (in)stability issues of the real Vulcan yawing during approach have been discussed in another Combat FS forum and JF praised for their immense take on realism here! The singular mach trim function also adds to this. Well done!

As for the Canberra/Vulcan comparison I would like to add that the Canberra package arguably has the more extensive documentation. The Pilot's Notes have double the size and contain real world graphs and sheets from the actual manuals. Maybe we can hope for further material in future updates?

The VC10, the Vulcan, the 747 Classic ... Just Flight is my favorite developer right now! Keep on the good work!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic