This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texture and control prob's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texture and control prob's
    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:40pm
Hi Guy's, i'm desperate for help, I have a problem with flight sim X, the airliners in the long haul
program,have lost thier texture, as have some of the latest downloads, also aircraft, namely
the HawkT1a, and the one eleven, are very hard to control, on the ground, and much worse
in the air.
I have been in touch with microsoft to solve the prob to no avail, i'm hoping one of the leading
lights on this forum can help.
             thanks in advance
                              Bazza
Buzzbar
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:12am
Hi Bazza,
If you've lost textures across a range of aircraft then I would begin with updating your graphics card drivers. Here's a guide if you're not used to doing it - https://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-Graphics-Driver.
In regards to aircraft handling, I would suggest going to Settings -> Realism and see if adjustments there help. If not, have a look at calibrating your joystick. 
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 3:13pm
More detail will be useful: 

Are you using DX10? 
Have you reinstalled FSX recently? What version are you running? FSX, SP1 and SP2? Acceleration? Steam Edition?
System specs?
What change(s) did you make before you noticed the problem?

Being `desperate` is no substitute for proper troubleshooting so spend a bit more time considering what we require to help you...
Bazza View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm
Many thanks Rich, I will continue with what you sugest, I have been battling with this problem
for many weeks, sme months ago Microsoft offered an upgrade download, which they said could be
 uninstalled if the said upgrade was giving probs, could this be the root cause of my problem ?
I have been playing,and enjoying flight sim for a very long time, I need to sort this prob soon
there are other aircraft I would like to purchase.
thanks again for your help Rich, much appeciated.
         Take Care Bazza Tongue

Buzzbar
Bazza View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
E'llo Snave, thanks for the reply, I am running flight sim X, Aceleration on windows 7 with Dx10, SP1, SP2
I have not attemted a full download as yet.
some time ago Microsoft offered an upgrade, which I downloaded, at the time they offered an uninstall
method if poblems arose, maybe you where aware of this upgrade, Some time after my problems began,
as I have stated, all of the airliners in the long haul Program lost all thier texture, as did some of the other aircraft, this I say only applies to aircraft that are downloaded, all the default aircraft are fine.
I also have problems with some downloaded aircraft being very difficult to control.
I am also running flight sim 9, that is giving me no trouble at all.

Thanks once again for the reply
                       Bazza
Buzzbar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic