This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem starting up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem starting up
    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:13pm
Very frustrating. I used to be a big fan of the Hawk, but hadn't flown it for a while because had trouble starting up where I would press the button on the throttle and wait for the GTS light to come up but it doesn't. I hoped it had been sorted out by now but it doesn't seem to be. Please help if you can.
Thanks
Neil.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:03am
Hi Neil,
The start up sequence should work correctly. Make sure its the button on the side of the throttle that you are pressing and not the one on the top. That will start the GTS.
Thanks
Mutley321 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 1:29pm
Yeah I'm not convinced.

I've recently bought the Hawk and I too have start up issues.  I've followed the checklist and I've youtubed others doing cold and dark.  I cannot get the GTS to light up when I push the little button on the throttle.  I can cheat and ask for engine start via the control panel shift+2 menu.

I also can't get the electrics fully alive either.  No radios or HUD or GPS moving map.  This is a magnetos issue which you need keystroke or load a default aircraft first.

Strangely in my youtubing there is no P3D V4 video of cold and dark, only V3 and XPlane.

I think someone should look at this issue as this section of the forum is littered with startup and electric issues.  This is the first "buggy" plane I've had from Just Flight and I'm really surprised.
Phil Bridge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:26pm
This is what I do (I'm using FSX):

- Both battery switches on.
- Make sure LP fuel valve on (lever roughly pointing forwards)
- Starter switch on (centre position).
- Ignition switch on.
- HP fuel valve off by retarding the throttle fully (by right-clicking the throttle). I find the GTS will not start unless this is done.
- Press small start button on throttle.
- Once the green GTS light is on, starter switch to start.
- Once the green rotation light is on, move throttle forward slightly to idle, using mouse.

Re the radio, have you turned the rotary switch on the UHF panel from off to main?

Re the GPS map, have you pressed the small red button on the GPS unit?

Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic