This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BAC 1-11 altitude

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAC 1-11 altitude
    Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:20pm
Hi,
My 1-11 will not climb higher than about 22000 ft. What am I not doing right?   Thanks and best wishes, william
william thompson
william thompson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 2:38pm
My altitude query.... No answer was the reply! Never mind.
I flew on a 1-ll way back and I felt sure we were at 30+, but now I find out that their best economy and best cruising speed is at 21000. So that settles that.
Cheers, william
william thompson
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:53pm
Sorry - didn't see the initial post. If I remember rightly (and it's been a long time now), you should get to the low to mid 20,000s on the iniitial climb and then as fuel burns off it will be possible (though not necessarily desirable - see your own comment about best performance) to go higher.

Cheers,
Paul.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:14pm
Thanks Paul,
I was curious. I took off from Newcastle [UK] with 30% fuel in a 1-11-500 with no payload except myself, and carefully climbed on 250 degrees. Just past the Isle of Man I was at 36000 when the plane stalled violently.
Can the 1-11 recover from a stall?
This question comes to you from the bottom of the Irish Sea....
Best wishes, william
william thompson
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 8:08pm
Hi William,

You may find the stick pusher has activated - it's probably somewhere in the manual. It was introduced because of the possibility of a deep-stall, if it has activated you will need to deselect it before attempting to recover from the stall from what I remember. Like I said, it's been a while since I did anything 1-11 related and my head is currently full of Olympus turbojets. I hope at least to have pointed you in the right direction, though.

Cheers,
Paul.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:36pm
Thanks Paul, much appreciated, best wishes, william
william thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic