This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Archer III questions and demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifikratis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Archer III questions and demo
    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 12:02am
Hi,

I am considering to buy your new Archer III for P3D. I have some questions after watching the promo video regarding the night lighting. At the time 2:35 of the video you show a pan around the cockpit with the flood lights on. However I see some bugs in this implementation. I see that the top right VOR indicator as well as the lower stromscope, HSI,  lower left ADF indicaator and secondary altimeter do have flood lights around them without having light bulbs. Also, in all instruments the flood light illuminates unrealisticly. The flood lights illuminate the white panel but not the instruments. The instruments only have their internal lighting on. In the real aircraft the indicators and dials on them will receive these flood lights. Now that we have dynamic lights in P3D available I think that should be implemented. I woud like to know your view about this issue.

To verify my claims better I would like to try a demo version, thus I would like to ask if you plan to release a demo version and if so when should we expect it. Last, can you please implement RXP GNS integration? It would be a big selling point for those like me who don't own the F1 units.

Thank you!
Ifikratis View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifikratis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 1:25am
Could I expect the developers reply to my questions? Is this the proper way to get support for your products? I'm a customer of all previous P3Dv4/XP GA aircraft you have released, so I would appreciate a reply to my questions.
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 8:00am
Hi there - I am not a developer but I will pass your question on - and the one from Facebook.
Generally, our support pages are the best way to ask technical questions - that way you are assured of answer from someone who knows what they are talking about.
Not sure how much the lighting is a function of the sim but I will ask.
As for demos, if we are going to make one it's usually a little while after the product is released and Archer III hasn't been out that long.
Ifikratis View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifikratis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:05am
Hi Derek and thank you for your reply.

I guess support pages for the Archer would be this forum or another page? I can't find a dedicated to the Archer page, so I guess the one for the rest of the GA aircrafts would be fine?

So, I couldn't resit and bought the plane and its very nicely done. I have found a few bugs one of them is the lighting I mentioned (1) another one is that while in outside view, if I click the luggade door the fuel selector is moving (2) . Also by clicking 1 or 2 the doors open (3?). I usually have these keypresses for EZDOK views so I'd like to know how to disable them from opening the doors and whether its a bug. Lastly there is a bug on how the landing lights illuminate through the glass on the wingtip (4). I can re-post this thread to the GA forum if you think its necessary for the developers to reply.
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
Hi - we don't use forums for support. It's just for chit-chat really and discussion of products etc.

Support lives here (from a link on the top of our website):
https://support.justflight.com/support/home

There is a pull-down menu for product FAQs. The Archer has no FAQs so you simply 'raise a ticket' (which I believe is mid-Atlantic for 'ask a question')
https://support.justflight.com/support/tickets/new

Also, there is a link to support on the product page:
https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28-181-archer-iii (just below the 'buy' button).
Ifikratis View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifikratis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:55am
Okay, thank you Derek, I will submit a ticket then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic