This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T1/A X-Plane 11 no pitch trim ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T1/A X-Plane 11 no pitch trim ?
    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 4:12pm
This afternoon I bought the T1/A Hawk for X-Plane 11.
It looks great, absolutly.

The problem I'm having is this :
I have NO pitch trim control, as in : you can't trim the pitch.
Probably I'm doing something wrong ; if so please tell.

During flight the T1/A constantly wants to keep it's nose up.
When you try to trim down, nothing happens.
With the standby/emergency trim : still no trim response

When you look at the tail plan gauge on the dashboard, when you try to trim up or down there is no reaction what so ever.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

whiskylima View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 6:06pm
I'm running this in x-plane 11 and the pitch trim, mapped to a 4-way switch on the joystick, is working fine. It may be worth reloading it with any anti-virus software disabled. A very nice aircraft, no complaints here!
MacD View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:46am
I have the same situation :
- Virus scanner is disabled
-Trim (pitch and yaw) are mapped to a 4 way switch on the joystick

Roll and yaw trim work, pitch isn't.

I've removed to T1/A Hawk, started X-Plane 11, exited and reinstalled the T1/A but no difference : no pitch trim.

What I do notice is that when you look at the tail plane gauge and you try to either pitch up or down, the gauge goes up (or down abit) and goes back to it's starting position immediately.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 8:54am
It might be worth trying a different joystick, or trying working the trim from your keyboard, it may be a sticky switch.
MacD View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 12:36pm
Just did a full reinstall of X-Plane 11, with only the T1/A installed, no further add-ons.

And pitch trim worked :)

getting the feeling it's a add-on that is screwing with the joystick input when it comes to the T1/A (it's the only plane I'm having trouble with)

No just need to figure out which add-on is causing the problem
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskylima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:11pm
Glad you're making progress, it might be worth checking that you only have one device allocated to the pitch trim.
bradbrad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:50pm
I have trouble with the trim, and thought it wasn't working. After checking with both original and updated version it was. However, the input via switch to having an effect of the aircraft severely lags so much that you thing nothing is happening, and you find you are overcorrecting all the time. I cannot still fly straight and level at 300Kts. The aircraft always starts t to climb/descend/roll, and I am forever trying to trim out. It's very frustrating. How are you getting on with it now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic