This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lancaster B Mk.I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lancaster B Mk.I
    Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:50am
why are there no reviews or video of the lancaster,either here or on you tube.is there something wrong with it.
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
There is a video.  Just YT search Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster.  There is the promotional upload and one posted by a contributor just in the past week.

It is a very nice plane to fly almost hands free if trimmed properly but the auto-controls - not auto-pilot - do seem to be a bit erratic.

I have accrued nearly 40 hours with most "sorties" lasting 4-5 hours flying.  Last night evaded the flak and dodged the searchlights on the Khammhuber line and bombed the Ford Works in Cologne.

Have fun and watch the fuel if fully bombed up.
CXA651Alan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA651Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:21am
Hi Kingsman.
As stated the aircraft is nice to fly , but there are a few faults , that i have put a ticket in for.
Faults i have found are :-
1/. On joinFS at random times when on autopilot the directional gyro can be out by anything , the max i have had sofar is 60degrees , the zero should always be in line with the little arrow when flying in chosen direction , this makes flying awkward when first engauging the autopilot , if not on joinFS then it appears to work as it should.
2/. i have found a few aircraft.cfg errors , ticket submitted for these.
3/. fuel tanks carry more fuel than they should do , this is going by info found on the web and in the supplied pilots notes.
4/. because they use ctr1 and ctr2 tanks instead of tip tanks , the fuel is used in the wrong sequence and upsets the aircraft trim , ticket submited.
5/. i have changed the VC views to suit me and my trackIR5 , but the error for the default views in my opinion is the zoom setting , which makes the aircraft seem bigger than it should be , in reality it was cramped.
any new aircraft releases have minor faults , but even with the faults i have found sofar in the Lanc , this aircraft in my opinion is the best that Airplane Heaven have produced todate.
regards alan.Smile

Alan Cottrill
kingsman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:59am
thankyou for the info.
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:34pm
Love the Lanc.

But when I select the lights on using the L key or the light switch in the a/c.  I get lots of black smoke and flames coming off the end of the starboard wing tip. It does look good but the only way I can stop it is to  turn off the lights
I have tried re- installing but this problem is still there.
Any ideas on how to fix it.Unhappy Please.
Thanks
mike H
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
CXA651Alan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA651Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:09am
Hi Mike.
I use FSXA on a win 7 64 system , and i dont have this issue , what sim are you useing , and is it the AH lanc that was recently released , or the older lanc that you are refering to.
Also does the smoke and flames disappear if you hit the I key , or operate the individual light switches in the VC.
regards alan.
Alan Cottrill
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by kingsman kingsman wrote:

thankyou for the info.

Why can you not use Capitals? Is there something wrong with YOU?

See what an argumentative post gets you?

Wink
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 5:57pm
Hi Alan
Sorry i am late in replying to you as i have been away from home.
I am using FSX disks on win 10, yes it is the AH lanc

Smoke and flames do not disappear or show up  if i hit the I key.
If i turn the  Light switches to On in VC  the smoke and flames appear then when i  turn off the lights the smoke/flames go away

Same as pressing the L key.

Thanks for your reply Alan.

regards Mike
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic