This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AP Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almerejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AP Issues
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 2:50pm
As I am having not a single response from JF  to this topic in the P3D section here, I thought I'd give it a shot here.

Not brought this JF buy out of my hangar since I first bought it.

In P3D v4.

So, did the Tutorial. Okay have got the hang of it. Now, trying a flight from EDDL-EGCC.

But why will the AP select mode after reaching say 4000 ft at 250 kts not stick to the dialled-in climb rate, with VERT HOLD or HDG knobs selected as the Tutorial advises ? Instead the rate of climb shoots beyond 4000ft/min,  aircraft begins to stall,  so have to manually then pitch down.

Nor will the Altitude Hold switch do exactly that----hold the altitude? The aircraft just keeps climbing as above. In fact the AP may as well not be there for all it does, which in fact is...........xxxxx !!

Is it a bug, or what? Or am I not doing something right despite following the Tutorial to the letter?

So frustrated with this aircraft that have now deleted it from within P3D.
almerejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almerejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:53am
So, not a single iota of response from JF or any one else for that matter regarding this crap development by JF?

Well, time has come to ditch this aircraft together with all the other crap JF buys. Pity, what a waste of money! Still, a salutary lesson to steer well away from future JF products.

Good Riddance to JF!

aspen31 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspen31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 12:40pm
Hi
While I find the manipulation of the autopilot difficult, in at least the 63 F and CF my autopilot will maintain a vertical speed selected as well as the altitude. I can't suggest much in terms of a repair but from my perspective the autopilot works. There are some other issues I think JF should have addressed - in my case the sequence for engine start is a problem - but overall the plane is workable for me - much better with a faster computer and P3D V4.
Take care
Warren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic