This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avro Lancaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avro Lancaster
    Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by fender130173 fender130173 wrote:

Just Got the Lancaster, the basic autopilot works, but it won't do an approach for an ILS?
anyone know how to fix this?
Well ... ILS autoland wouldn't have been around in WWII days, I suspect, but I have managed to tune the nav radio to an ILS beacon and the needles seem to work OK - for localiser and glideslope - but they do need a bit of getting used to!! You just fly in manually, following the needles.

I can get the A/P to obey by using repeated left/right inputs on the steering lever. There's a bit of momentum and lag to it, but again - I suspect that's how it works in RL.

Adam.
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
Most of us can't even work the A/P!!
Alt Hold seems to work for everyone but Hdg is a problem, unless you want to fly North.
I find using the A/P Turn Lever to be a very hit or miss affair.
I noticed that the A/P tries to maintain the Direction Indicator at "0", by feeding a false setting to the D/I you can "fool" the A/P into holding a heading.
How are you managing to hold a heading?

fender130173 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fender130173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:32am
Just Got the Lancaster, the basic autopilot works, but it won't do an approach for an ILS?

anyone know how to fix this?
"United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."

United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic