This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shockwave A2A 3D Lights Redux / Traffic 360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shockwave A2A 3D Lights Redux / Traffic 360
    Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm
Hi

Would like to know if anybody has successfully installed the Shockwave A2A 3D Lights Redux mod into Traffic 360 ai aircraft

I understand the procedure of copying the default light settings in the config file in the event that reverting back to it becomes necessary....and creating the modified light settings using the appropriate Shockwave line entries in order to achieve the new lighting effects....but wanted to inquire as to whether or not merging the A2A 3D lights Redux mod into T360 was in fact possible before attempting to start the process....it's a long list of AC that would require the changes being made to the lights section of the config file in order to complete this

If anybody has applied the A2A 3D Lights Redux mod to their T360 ai aircraft and is willing to share the modified lights section of the config files....that would be great....but if I could simply get an assurance that adding this mod is possible....that would provide me with enough incentive to begin the process

The A2A website forum provides many reconfigured lights sections that users of 3D Lights Redux have posted for other users of the product who wish to apply the modified lights section to their aircraft.....but most of these appear to be for stand alone aircraft applications....not so much for complete ai traffic programs like T360.....one poster was supplying a link for reconfigured light sections for UT....but for reasons unknown the link had been disabled.....not that it would have been useful for attempting to reconfigure T360 lighting.....but still somewhat interesting that it had been disabled

Lastly....I notice that in the config file lights section of all ai aircraft in T360.....that there is a specific line inserted as the very last line of the lights section:

light.7 = 1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet ,

Taken for the A300 config lights section as seen below

[LIGHTS]       
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=3, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx_navredm ,
light.1=3, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx_navgrem ,
light.2=3, -87.38,   0.00,   8.610, fx_navwhih ,
light.3=2, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.4=2, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.5=1,  15.264,  0.00,  11.435, fx_beaconh ,
light.6=1,  15.264,  0.00, -7.309, fx_beaconh ,

Can anyone advise what this line entry makes reference to in relation to the lighting and also if this line would be required in a modified lights section with the A2A 3D lights Redux mod applied

Thanks

Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:57pm
I just started this project myself on Traffic 360.

For your example, this is what I would do.

1> BACKUP ENTIRE Traffic 360 folder so you will have copy of original lights.
2> Add the complete "Types" to the first line to assist you in modifying.
3> Simply copy and paste "_shockwave" right after the fx.
4> Look inside your effects folders and you will see all the available shockwave lights. You will have to remove the "m" & "h" from the end of the nav lights since there is no shockwave equivalent.
5> I'm not messing with the "fx_TS_LJet", it looks like a Beacon light and a function of Traffic 360..
6> By all means, TEST before you continue to insure all the lights work.
7> You can come back later and fine tune the lights by changing the end of the particular light according to the available shockwave lights. 

THIS...

[LIGHTS]
light.0=3, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx_navredm ,
light.1=3, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx_navgrem ,
light.2=3, -87.38,   0.00,   8.610, fx_navwhih ,
light.3=2, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.4=2, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx_strobeh ,
light.5=1,  15.264,  0.00,  11.435, fx_beaconh ,
light.6=1,  15.264,  0.00, -7.309, fx_beaconh ,

CHANGE TO THIS...

[LIGHTS]
, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0=3, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx_shockwave_navred ,
light.1=3, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx
_shockwave_navgre ,
light.2=3, -87.38,   0.00,   8.610, fx
_shockwave_navwhi ,
light.3=2, -12.63, -73.43,   5.545, fx
_shockwave_strobe ,
light.4=2, -12.63,  73.43,   5.545, fx
_shockwave_strobe ,
light.5=1,  15.264,  0.00,  11.435, fx
_shockwave_beaconH ,
light.6=1,  15.264,  0.00, -7.309, fx
_shockwave_beaconH ,
light.7=1, 0, 0, 0, fx_TS_LJet ,

I'm looking for a way to bulk change the lights all at once to save some typing. I see there is Notepad ++ that has advanced functions but I just got it myself.
vortexwake View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:23pm
Hi

I suspect that your probably correct regarding having to manually edit the ai aircraft config lighting in order to apply the Shockwave 3D Lights Redux mod

I created a post on the A2A website forum putting out a request for any modified lighting configurations that any of the users of the product may have had available after applying the mod which would have allowed for a much quicker cut/paste option to make the changes....but it didn't generate any responses....so it would appear that editing the ai aircraft lighting configs to apply the Shockwave lighting effects will have to be completed by changing each ai aircraft config lighting one at a time

Regards
Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:48pm
You probably have used the "Replace" function in Notepad.

You can for example find "fx_navredm" and replace it with "fx_shockwave_navred"

So now we need to be able to do this several times for each of the different lights, and that's what a macro would do.

That's why I was looking at Notepad ++
(Free download, search google for it), it has a macro function.

You could make a macro for the first aircraft.cfg, then use it to do all the Traffic 360 models.  You can open several aircraft.cfg's at once, so its possible to do several at a time.

Now just need to try it out. Backups for sure on the originals.

EDIT: I tried Notepad ++  on a sample aircraft.cfg.
Macro - Start recording
Do a Replace on each light type as above
Macro - Stop recording
Macro - Save current recorded macro

Then run the macro on the next aircraft cfg and be amazed on how quickly you will be able to add the Shockwave lights to your Traffic 360!  Clap
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 12:42am
Hi

Thanks for the update regarding the use of Notepad ++ to make the required changes in the ai config files for the installation of the Shockwave lighting mod

Will take a look at the Notepad ++ download

Regards
Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 8:43pm
I'm DONE did the whole Traffic 360 folder!

These are all the lights that came up in all the different aircraft.cfg's
You can change the tailing character to adjust the light type to your preference. Look at the Shockwave .PDF

Macro - Start recording

FIND MATCH               REPLACE ALL                     THEN HIT

fx_navred                     fx_shockwave_navred      
CTRL+HOME
fx_navredm                
fx_shockwave_navred        CTRL+HOME
fx_navgre  
                  fx_shockwave_navgre        CTRL+HOME
fx_navgrem                fx_shockwave_navgre        CTRL+HOME
fx_navwhi
                   fx_shockwave_navwhi       CTRL+HOME
fx_navwhih                  fx_shockwave_navwhi      CTRL+HOME
fx_strobe                     fx_shockw
ave_strobe        CTRL+HOME
fx_strobeh                   fx_shockwave_strobe      
CTRL+HOME
fx_beacon                   fx_shockwave_beacon    
CTRL+HOME
fx_beaconh                 fx_shockwave_beaconH  
CTRL+HOME
fx_vclight                      fx_shockwave_vclight        CTRL+HOME

Then finally do a FIND [LIGHTS]

Macro - Stop recording
Macro - Save current recorded macro as "Shockwave 3D Install" or whatever you like.

Run macro on all your AI aircraft.cfg's will end up stopping at the {LIGHTS] section. Make any further manual edits if you want and save if OK. You will also be able to use this macro to add shockwave lights to ANY user aircraft as well.

GOOD LUCK!!

P.S The LANDING LIGHTS are a built in function of Traffic 360 and come on when taking off or landing.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:13pm
Hi

Glad to hear that you were able to get the Shockwave lighting effects applied to the T360 ai traffic config files

I also managed to complete this task but used the standardized notepad application using a template with the Shockwave lines to be edited and ran through the config files changing them via cut/paste...I encountered some difficulties in attempting to use the Notepad ++ application with the tool functions and decided against spending too much time sorting that out in favor of just getting the config files changed....I do have the Notepad ++ application downloaded and will try to work with it again for any future uses

As for the results of the ai aircraft with the Shockwave mod applied...no doubt it provides a much better appearance than the default lighting.....but found that in some cases the changes weren't as significant....I believe this is more a result of the models used to create the ai aircraft in T360 as opposed to the Shockwave mod itself....but again still an overall improvement over the default lighting

Regards

Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:28pm
Definitely a bit of a learning process with Notepad++, but I needed it to do other aircraft.cfg modifications, so I pressed on Confused

Adding the Shockwave lights was very quick with the macro, open the aircraft.cfg, run the macro (1 Click!), then save. Ran into a few special cases (1 aircraft.cfg had 2 conflicting [LIGHTS] sections).

Glad to hear you got yours going as well. Don't forget you can go back and change a parameter (tailing character) for each light so maybe using a larger light for a certain aircraft will get the result you want.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:39am
Hi

Yes the Notepad ++ application has a definite learning curve....but I'll continue to experiment with it until I get it figured out....I can see the benefit of using it when making multiple changes to config files becomes necessary

There likely will be some fine tuning to be carried out in the form of changing a few tailing characters on certain aircraft lights to get the desired result....but that's the benefit of using the Shockwave lighting....and can be completed pretty quickly as the aircraft lighting in question is noticed

The primary objective was to get the Shockwave mod applied to the T360 ai aircraft to improve the default lighting....which as I stated earlier provides a marked improvement

Thanks again for letting me know about the Notepad ++ application

Regards
Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 2:29am
If anybody is interested, I posted my macro for Notepad++ at AVSIM and FlightSim to install your A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux to any aircraft with FSX default lights. I did my entire Airplane/Helicopter folders and all Traffic 360 AI aircraft folders. Just takes a few quick mouse clicks for each aircraft!

This is version 2 with improved light replacement

AVSIM
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=206858

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic