This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reducing engine sounds at altitude

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJJose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reducing engine sounds at altitude
    Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:43am
I know that there's an updated Traffic addon still in the works, but I'm going to wait until the addon is almost completed. For now, has anyone been able to reduce the engine sounds that you hear at altitude with Traffic 360?

Thanks.
Jose
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:06pm
I am not sure that this is a Traffic 360 (or even Traffic X) effect - it may be an FSX originated occurrence. You will notice it more in T360 / TX because you will have much more AI than the default FSX AI.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
DJJose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJJose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:27pm
Hi Ray.

It's definitely related to T360. I've never heard sounds from default AI aircraft or Traffic X. I can also completely disable the sounds, but I really like it when you taxi near an airliner or waiting for a takeoff clearance and you hear the engine sounds of the AI. What I do not like is when you are on final approaching the airport or just flying above the airport. It's not realistic to hear the engine sounds of AI in T360 above the airport in the VC. Other than this minor annoyance, it's an excellent addon.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
DJJose,

I do not have T360 so I assumed that you are talking about the same sort of unexpected sounds that I (and others who have reported in this forum) have experienced. I do not recall anyone reporting that they have found any method of isolating some sounds without affecting others.
DJJose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJJose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 6:49pm
Yeah! It was reported by many users, but apparently the issue was never resolved.

I hope that this doesn't happen with Traffic Global.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:33am
I suspect that it will likely happen, as I assume it is FSX that decides when to produce a sound and how to configure it. All that TX and T360 does is to make certain sounds available - TG must be in the same situation I would have thought.
Do you know if Ultimate Traffic or My Traffic has the same situations?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic