This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF 747 Classic Extra Variants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JF 747 Classic Extra Variants
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:59am
Hey, JF!

Awesome that you're doing the 747 Classic! The CLS one isn't bad, so I'm sure this'll be even better! Just curious though, why stop at the 747-100/200? What about the -SP, -300, and maybe the 747SR and -100B?

I don't wanna seem like all I'm saying is "gimme gimme", but I'm hoping that we get a decent number of variants of the 747!

Hell, even if the SP, and -300 (and others haha) were an expansion to this, I'd buy it!
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:09am
I'd be surprised if there were many variants, much as I'd love to see the SP too.

If you look at the products released by the internal JF team to date, they're based on actual aircraft they've had access to and have intentionally restricted the product to that one aircraft i.e. Canberra PR9, Hawk T1, Tornado GR1.  The exception (kind of) being the Arrow, but that was probably because it's not to hard to get hold of the other variants to model.

Personally, I'd rather have a very, very well done specific aircraft.

The other thing to consider is the return on the extra investment.  Aside from the SP being a short 747, it had a larger tail and different flaps.  Different flight model and maybe different cockpit to the 100.  The question for a developer would be how many more people will buy the product if it includes another, and quite different, version.  I kind of doubt there'd be any financial incentive.  On the other hand, it might make sense to then develop the SP as a separate product release, with say a discounted price.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this classic!

ErikdeNoor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikdeNoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:38pm
In your announcement you state to supply the 747 with many liveries.
I expect and think that, of course KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will be among them.

The KLM Aircraft ( also Martinair) where equiped with vertical tape or lint indicators for the pilots engine instrument group, not the "classic" round ones.

As a former KLM Grnd engineer for those 747's I would like to ask you to extend the cockpit configuration als with those kind of instruments, now your still in the design phase.

Please.
EHO
spreilly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 9:22pm
Oh don't get me wrong, I get that.

I would think though that there would be some interest in the SP and -300, enough to justify the acquisition of plans, and photos (assuming they're available, of course).

Which is why an expansion, similar to how the DC-8 was handled, would make sense for the 747 Classic.

Plus who doesn't love the Baby Boeing?!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:31am
Quote Just curious though, why stop at the 747-100/200? What about the -SP, -300, and maybe the 747SR and -100B?

The main reason is the extra modelling time required. It's takes a long time to produce high quality models like these - the 747 models will be something like 18 months in development by the time they are fully finished. 
For something like the SP, by the time you modify the tail, fuselage and wings you have another 3-5 month project on your hands! 
That said, extras like the SP have been mentioned many times since we made the announcement and we are open to further expansion packs. 
james42 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:18pm
Will there be a modern cockpit version with TCAS and an FMC?
Axel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:27pm
Hi JF-Team,

I would like to second the above post. Would be great to have a TCAS and a FMC as well an engine tape-gauge style.

So we can fly the classic 747 as she was retrofit a couple of years ago with TCAS and FMC. :)

Best regards,

Axel
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:29am
They sound like they would make interesting additions to the pack.
Axel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
Hi,

thanks that sounds great, are there any further news about the features? The list on your website is available but not word about an optional FMC and TCAS.

There is a developer for xp-11 who just released a classic aircraft (727) even with an FMC, CIVA-INS and a TCAS which I find great. I cross my fingers that Justflight will bring same level and not a 50% completed add-on Smile

Cheers,

Axel
DerRechtsanwalt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DerRechtsanwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:56pm
I’m delighted that the 747 Classic is being developed. It’s long overdue. Equally, I’m delighted that the regular instrumentation is being modeled. I’m a fan of FMC’s and TCAS bells and whistles, but I think the original format is just as important, particularly with such an iconic aircraft. Thank you Just Flight Team for putting the effort in!
Axel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:18pm
Indeed, but FMC and TCAS was found in the latter 747 classic as I believe a lot of simmers would like to fly like that when thinking about LH Cargo and Kalitta and JAL Cargo and Northwest Airlines and MK Airlines, etc.... And I guess that placing a TCAS at least in the 3D cockpit is not a big deal for a developer.
They would gain much more customers when bringing such a complete 747 classic.

Still crossing my fingers. Their Tristar unfortunately never got completed that way and still misses such goodies.

Cheers..
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:21am
For the initial release we are focusing on the original avionics fit, so no TCAS or FMC. However those features are likely to be added at a later date along with other variants such as the SP.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Axel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 10:05pm
That is great to read! Thanks for the updated information, also that the SP is intended Smile
Axel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:49pm
Hi Martyn,

are there any new screenshots coming soon? I assume a lot of are eagerly waiting for new previews :-)

Best wishes,

Axel
Danny View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:43pm
Dear Martyn,

are there some news or a date of release? In Cosford the 747 was announced for November?

Kind regards,
Danny
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:22am
Still in development. Latest pics on the in dev page:

https://www.justflight.com/product/747-classic

No release date yet but nearing completion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic