This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA28R Arrow III X Plane 11 auto Pilot pop up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickie Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA28R Arrow III X Plane 11 auto Pilot pop up
    Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:12pm
I recently have reconfigured my system so I have to two screens. In doing so I have loss my PA 28 Arrow III auto pilot pop up. Any one know where I might be able to find it?

Thanks-Mickie Mac
Mickie
NoJoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Hi Mickie,

That can sometimes happen if the screen size is changed after the plane has loaded.  Try exiting and re-opening X-Plane, then load the Arrow again and open the autopilot pop-up again (it won't stay "popped up" between loads).  It should hopefully place the autopilot in the normal spot, just below the Panel selector pop-up menu.

In case that doesn't work, you can adjust the default location of the autopilot pop-up window yourself in the "manifest.json" file.  Be sure to make a backup first!

0. Save a backup of the Arrow, just in case something goes awry.
1. Open the Arrow's "manifest.json" file in a simple text editor.  This file is located in the Arrow's folder.
2. Search for "PIPER_AC_IIIB".
3. Look *above* that, for the two lines "PosX" and "PosY", on lines 2174 and 2175.  These are the location, in pixels, of the Autopilot's lower left corner.  They default to 100 and 400, respectively.

"PosX" is the number of pixels from the left edge of X-Plane's main screen, and "PosY" is the number of pixels up from the bottom of the screen.  You could try changing these to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes!
Mickie Mac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickie Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 2:33pm
Hello NOJOE,

Went step by step per your instructions and there appears to be no "PosX" and "PosY" entries.

"clip": 1,
        "prptnl": 0
      },
      "Id": 51,
      "Load": true,
      "Name": "PIPER_AC_IIIB"
    }, {
      "Components": [],
      "Configuration": {
        "Alpha": 81,
        "B": 0.1,
     Is the lack of these lines my problem and if so what is solution?

Thank you for your input.

Mickie Mac

Mickie
Mickie Mac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickie Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 3:06pm
NoJoe,

Found the lines of code you were referring to. I didn't go up far enough.

"PinY": 0,
        "PosX": 100,
        "PosY": 400,
        "R": 1,
        "Scale": 1,
        "SizeX": 946,
        "SizeY": 286,
        "Trim": 0.003,
        "TrimRateDn": 0.003,
        "TrimRateUp": 0.003,
        "Visbl": 0,
        "clip": 1,