This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C152
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aileron trim?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toby23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aileron trim?
    Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:05pm
I'm really enjoying the C152, she is one of the most realistic looking small GA for X-Plane, so well done.

But I think you need to remove Aileron trim, or switch it off somehow, as this plane does not have it.
For sure, it makes it easier to control but it's not realistic.

I have elevator and aileron trim assigned to POV U-D, L-R on my stick but other planes that do not have aileron trim are not affected by the POV L-R movement.

Thanks.

XP11
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:24pm
Caveat : I do not have X-Plane, but I feel the P3D/FSX response to that would probably be the same.

I deliberately left the aileron trim in when building the FSX/P3D fde for the 152 for the following reason - the real 152 will have ailerons trimmed to maintain a balanced aircraft in the rolling plane in flight. This will be through either permanent tabs or the rigging of the ailerons themselves,  I'm not sure which. Agreed it is not adjustable by the pilot in flight, but the sims do not allow for the 'permanent' adjustment mentioned above (having ailerons set perfectly neutral) and so the rolling motion caused by the rotation of the prop is magnified. This can lead to a constant turning, referred to in other threads (also on the PA28 series), which is generally able to be removed via one application of trim. It's a case of picking the lesser of two evils, but I think it best to leave the trim available and thus give people the option.

Cheers,
Paul.
toby23 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toby23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:13pm
Understood. Thank you for your explanation. Great work otherwise. She's a touch oversensitive on the controls with a stick but I look forward to trying her with a yoke one day soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic