This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No GPU appearing at aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No GPU appearing at aircraft
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 7:32am
Yes that's a gripe. While they have their issues why can't all companies just include a cold and dark switch like Carenado planes have. One little unrealistic switch could save a lot of headaches. I love when you buy a plane and the documentation says you'll enjoy it more from a cold and dark state. But what do they fail to give you? You got it. Oh well we make the best I guess.😀
theav8r View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theav8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:23am
Yes sometimes you have to go a roundabout way to get the result.

I have noticed now though, that when I load a default a/c like we are talking about, it loads with the engine running, even though I made sure I shut down the engine on the previous flt. So when I change to the DC8, it will have the engines running. Which is a problem if you want to go through the start procedure, because if you then shut them down, you'll never get em started again straight away because of vapour lock. Takes 10-15 mins to clear apparently..
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:56am
Yep no GPU. It seems if I load the default cessna 172, start the engines. Then shut them down and change to the DC-8 it will start as normal. No gpu unit however. Wish I didn't have to do all those extra steps but I guess it's better than nothing.
theav8r View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theav8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:43am
Hi Merlin 59,

Do you have the same problem with no GPU?

I read somewhere on the Forum about people who couldn't get the engines started on the DC8,

that there is an anomaly with FSX that if you shut the engines down on your last flight, (any a/c type) and then when you load your next DC8 flight, the engines won't start.

Download the following and use this as your default a/c, and when loaded, do an a/c change.

It actually works, I'd just like to see the appearance of the GPU. Cheers.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/important-startup-flight-for-complex-aircraft_topic28987.html
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:35am
Would love to know that myself. Do you mind if I ask what's the "FSX safe startup for complex a/c"?
theav8r View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theav8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 4:35am
When initiating a flight, and selecting the Ground Power option for engine start, the GPU does not appear at the front of the aircraft as described in the manual.
At first I couldn't start the engines, and thought that this was the reason. However, after reading similar posts on this subject, and downloading the "FSX Safe Startup for Complex A/c", I was then able to start the engines.
Can anyone throw any light on why the GPU does not show up thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic