This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC 10 INS won't install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC 10 INS won't install
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:22pm
Hi. I can't get  the INS upgrade to recognize my installation.

It gives a manual suggestion if this problem occurs...but it won't work either...Is this a known issue?

https://www.mediafire.com/view/n0bd5ydx0h2mjxw/1.jpg/file

Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm
Renman if this is for the CLS DC-10 HD you cannot install the INS into this model. If it is the earlier version you probably will need to get the INS gauge that is about as freeware and use that. 
rennman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Mike Hart Mike Hart wrote:

if this is for the CLS DC-10 HD you cannot install the INS into this model.

Then how do I navigate? On long haul flights across the ocean there are no navaids...and the FMC does not give current distance to airport data.
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:31am
Renman the FMC IF it is the full operable version that is the same as the Smith Honeywell FMC Freeware Gauge it a fully integrated GPS unit. You can do all the things you do with normal GPS, follow a plan, go direct to, find nearest etc. 

INS was an earlier navigation system that did not rely on ground aids to operate but it was superseded, except for some military applications, by GPS. INS in the real world relied upon a sophisticated triangular laser system to create a very very accurate doppler-gyro still of system. They did not display map data and relied upon lat and long inputs of every point from departure to arrival and only provided off track displacement or errors. 

Unless you have a real need to try flying in the sim with an INS I would go with the GPS/FMC.

However if you have the HD version you will need to get the proper FMC Honeywell gauge to get full functionality as the FMC in the HD is a cut down and in my view useless version unless you create a whole plan first and load it, even then it is very restricted with no map etc. 

Hope this helps. Oh there is no assistance on installing the gauge in either model provided in their manuals. I have integrated both into both models and will release a modified panel gauge for others to use it in due course. At the moment I am perplexed by a number of problems with flight dynamics, gauges and the air file in the HD model.
rennman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:00am

However if you have the HD version you will need to get the proper FMC Honeywell gauge to get full functionality

Good deal! I have it installed Ok and it even opens with the FMC icon...The only bummer is that I can't get the HSI to read the range info...I'ts a pain to have to keep opening the FMC every time I need to check my distance.
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:14pm
True but at least it works. The DME distance on the HSI is obviously not coded to get the GPS distance, very few gauges I have seen actually are. 

My problems are more serious one day this thing will fly above F200.
rennman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:04pm
i don't know why the crappy version gets an INS but the better one doesn't.
rennman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:08pm

The DME distance on the HSI is obviously not coded to get the GPS distance, very few gauges I have seen actually are.

The RFP 747 and Concorde both read INS in the HSI...(With Civa INS installed.)
rennman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rennman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:11pm

...one day this thing will fly above F200.

If that's an issue then the plane is completely useless anyway.

I haven't even taken off yet with no range info available...
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:42am
Renman - I hear your frustration. If the developer does not code the HSI to accept the GPS or other similar unit designated then that is that unless one is an xml guru and redo the gauge logic. I know other aircraft models do that. My 2004 Super Constellation DME gauge takes the read out from the GPS when it is the primary nav, so it is not that hard. 

I understand you would like to use the INS. in some models this can be done by installing the freeware INS gauge and then setting up the panel you might be lucky to get in if the VC modelling allowed for a hole where you want to put it, otherwise it is never going to go except as a pop up. The only models I have with a functioning INS are the Capt Sim B707 and B727 they also have doppler as well and function perfectly but they are high quality models for the sim, even then a few tweaks have been required by users to get it to function completely well. 

As for this model the HD is the one I am referring to, there are bugs everywhere and the config files and the air files are poorly put together, which is a real shame because they did a really good job rebuilding the 2004 version into a proper FSX/P3D version, oh and by the way the P3D folk are just as frustrated. I would rather have paid twice as much and got a proper functioning finished product instead of the half baked version they dropped onto the market. Done themselves no credit what so ever. CLS again? not for me not again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic