This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Prepar3D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3D v4 aircraft add-on list?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clivedrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D v4 aircraft add-on list?
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:44pm
Is there a list of P3D v4 compatible add-on aircraft?  I think one has been published a few months ago but I can't remember where.  I have looked in the Just Flight list of v4 add-ons (there are 376) but they seem to be mainly scenery with a few aircraft scattered through the list.  A simple list showing just aircraft would make life much easier.

Do 32 bit aircraft work correctly in P3D v4?  I would like to use the v4 scenery but want to keep my 32 bit aircraft.

Thank you.
Clive
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Hi,
If you select the type of aircraft you are interested in on the Flight Simulation Add-Ons section, you can then filter by sim and see exactly what you want. 
For instance, this page will give you all the P3Dv4 airliners - https://www.justflight.com/category/flight-sim-add-ons/airliners?sim=p3d+v4
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by clivedrake clivedrake wrote:

Is there a list of P3D v4 compatible add-on aircraft?  I think one has been published a few months ago but I can't remember where.  I have looked in the Just Flight list of v4 add-ons (there are 376) but they seem to be mainly scenery with a few aircraft scattered through the list.  A simple list showing just aircraft would make life much easier.

Do 32 bit aircraft work correctly in P3D v4?  I would like to use the v4 scenery but want to keep my 32 bit aircraft.

Thank you.

No, 32-bit aircraft do not work in P3dv4. Well some of them do, but most of them don't.

Do not put non-v4 aircraft into v4. 
clivedrake View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clivedrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:02am
Thanks for the advice.  I was hoping I could put the Iris Texan Driver for v3 into v4.  It is disappointing I won't be able to do this.
Clive
awinwey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awinwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:51pm
There are quite lot of add-ons which 'mostly' work in P3D v4.

If there are any dlls then these will not function. If you know how and what, these functions can be removed/ignored.

There is no such thing as a 32-bit model, only 32-bit gauges and control dll. If the gauge functionality is xml based, then there should be no issues.

I have the Iris PC-9 and PC-21 both more or less fully functional. Don't own the Texan II, so no idea with that.

Best thing to do is try them. I have a Test folder for anything I am trying, and never install directly into the P3D v4 installation. You can add this to your model folders list.

If you show reasonable care you just end up occasionally disappointed. If the model and interior model are separate there is a 90% chance it will work. Anything with these combined (FS9 legacy) will not.

One thing that does seem consistent though across many models is the fuel management functionality. Personally this does not bother me as I never fly any single aircraft for long.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic