This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Global

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:50am
Could I ask you to follow the advice on this post about verifying the system files on your PC - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power-winpc/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc/d4869176-98fa-45b7-baf9-23c083335148
If that doesn't work , please try these steps - https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-solved/
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:15pm
Quote Hi,

I'm new to JustFlight traffic products and have not made a decision whether I should jump ships from UTL (currently in P3Dv4.2).

Engine sounds - We do use TSS sounds. Unfortunately there is no provision for engine startup/shutdown sounds in AI aircraft. However, I'm continuing  

Second - how is the performance? In UTL I lose a very minimal amount and am able to place as many aircraft as I need to not collide with them but still have a lot going on.

UTL has many flaws when it comes to schedules and sometimes models for flights, so I definitely wanted to know about that. Below the trailer somsone commentet "haha BA 747 with GE engines", which is also the case in UTL, so my question is: Do you have/plan to include accurate models?

In UTL the developer keeps teasing with a power pack that will include new schedules and models (I lost faith in those) so I'd like to know if it's planned to just put the program out and users have to fiddle with schedules or if you are going to change the program with the real world changing (I.e. air berlin going bankrupt and disappear from the add-on etc) and at what rate? Or cost?

Also just while I'm on that topic: in UTL aircraft models for UPS and FedEx were in the program but not the schedule, which could be solved by a single file for each airline that was imported and added all flights. Is this also possible or planned for TrafficGlobal?

Then - of course - cargo flights. Are cargo airlines (including schedules) included and park at the respective real world stands?

Landing/Takeoff - I've seen an AirFrance 777 violently smash all three wheels into the ground upon landing in the trailer - so will this be improved or was this only on the trailer? UTL isn't perfect in that aspect, but their planes land a bit softer and with the nosegear in the air upon initial tuchdown.

As I said above - I'm not necessarily looking for a release version review here but more for impressions and your experience with the program and the developer. One thing is putting out a product, another thing is being dedicated to supporting it and fixing bugs/keeping it up to date with the real world.

Thanks in advance to anybody taking on this list!

Regards,
Johannes Butz

Hi Johannes,
Thanks for the post. Here are some answers

Engine sounds - We do use TSS sounds for all aircraft. Unfortunately there is no provision for engine startup/shutdown sounds in the AI system, but I continue to look into a way around this. 

Performance - so far I have only come across positive comments about how FPS friendly the aircraft are. You can fill out a large airport with only minimal performance loss. This was something we were very careful about when spec'ing up the aircraft models, and it seems to have paid off. 

747 engines - as you say, some liveries are using models that aren't a 100% fit. At the moment it is too early to say what the plan is for expanding the aircraft already in the package, but we are certainly looking at expanding the fleet at the moment with extra models and aircraft. 

Schedules - again, it's too early to talk specifics, but we will be updating the schedules periodically. For example, during development we were using schedules from Summer '17. As we approached release we were getting comments about Air Berlin etc so we replaced the schedules with a new set from March '18. At the moment, updated winter/summer schedules would make sense. Price etc tbd.  

Aircraft in the software but not in the schedules - you can either manually create your own flight plans for any aircraft already in or that you add to Traffic Global. The database is open, accessible and customisable so there is plenty that can be done with extra schedules.  

Cargo Flights - a number of cargo flights are included and will be parking at the correct locations

Landing/takeoffs - we've had reports that some of the flight dynamics aren't optimal at the moment as people are seeing some hard landings and elongated takeoffs. We're investigating these and fixing at the moment. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks
Rich 

Johannes Butz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannes Butz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 3:58pm
Hi Rich,

thank you for your answer! That + AusFlightSimmer's Test Drive made me jump ship. As I wrote - I was sceptical if the purchase was worth it for somebody already owning a traffic program. For me it is very much, as TG gets rid of a lot of stuff that annoyed me in UTL Just as Shane said in his video, if you're willing to get by with it being an early access version, you'll enjoy it.

I'm very happy so far, reported some bugs earlier in the registered users forum!

Thanks again for your help!
Johannes
george m View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm
This topic seems to be dead , there is no news about Traffic Global or support...

George
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by george m george m wrote:

This topic seems to be dead , there is no news about Traffic Global or support...

Support for Traffic Global happens in the dedicated support forum for Traffic Global, which is quite active.
Simon73 View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:55pm
Were you able to access the Traffic Global Early Access forum https://traffic.justflight.com in the end?

If not feel free to drop us a line via https://support.justflight.com/support/tickets/new and we'll take a look for you?
Just Flight / Just Trains Customer Service Staff
mikced76 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikced76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:05am
Without having purchased Traffic Global there is no way to really follow the progress on the forum and very tough to know if to purchas or not. I cant understand why they wont let everyone have access to that forum. It would be so much easier to decide. In my mind the product is in terrible shape but without really knowing that for a fact, many issues could very well be solved already or worked on and JustFlight is therefor loosing my business for no good reason.      
IanHawley View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHawley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:15am
You are absolutely correct to hold back until the scheduling is more realistic but aircraft resolution is good!
Ian H
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 9:43am
If Traffic X and Traffic 360 are anything to go by, then the scheduling in Traffic Global will probably take ages to sort out

In the early days of TG, Rich wanted to use 'real airline schedules' that would be imported into TG. I personally couldn't see how this was going to be done successfully without an enormous amount of work by people sifting through all of the schedules to make them work in the simulator.
From my point of view, it is a pity that it wasn't designed to allow TX or T360 schedules to be imported (albeit aircraft allocations would have to be changed) considering how much work I, and others, have put into upgrading our TX and T360 schedules.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
eke2000 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eke2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:18am
HI,

Can anyone watch whether in Global Traffic is included  (LOT) NORDICA airline or traffic in Tallinn airport (EETN) ?

Regards

Eke
microlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:17pm
Good to join the forum - can you help me with Traffic Global compatibility? I'm running P3D v2.5, so will TG be compatible? Obviously I'd like to be sure before I purchase. The product page mentions FSX (and Steam), P3D v3 and 4 - but no 2. Some review sites are showing it as v2 compatible, and it would seem a little strange that it wouldn't be P3D v2 compatible if it's OK with FSX so your feedback would be very welcome.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 9:47am
Hi,
Traffic Global should work in P3Dv2 without issue. It's never officially been tested as I do not have a copy of P3D v1 or v2, but I don't foresee any problems, and I'm pretty sure people have used in in v2 without problems. 
If you want to give it a go and you did end up having a compatibility problem, we'd cover you with a full refund so there wouldn't be any risk to yourself. 
microlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
Many thanks for the feedback, Rich. I'm looking forward to trying it out as I've been living with a restricted range of AI that I originally ported over from FS9! I'm also thinking of P3D v4 now, so that it shouldn't be an issue anyway.
LightHouseAviation View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightHouseAviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:40pm
i came here because i got a Just in Time Debugger Error while installing a livery for the ATR42, i unistalled PSXseeconTraffic, but it didn't work, is there a way to fix it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic