This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Sim hardware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Sim hardware
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:07am
It is great for the price. I have this set (+ an extra throttle quadrant to have six levers) for many years now and the only problem I had was the throttles getting jittery. But after using electronics cleaning spray (not sure if this is the correct translation, I'm using SONAX 806400) they were as good as new.
There are better yokes, but then you would have to pay much more.

Additionally I now have the Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, which has a very precise joystick and takes up less space on the desk, and therefore is better suited for switching between flight simulation and doing other things on the computer. Additional pedals (Saitek or Thrustmaster) are recommended, but you could start by using the joystick's twist handle for rudder and buttons for braking and add pedals later.

Of course the immersion suffers a bit when using a HOTAS with a small GA aircraft instead of a jet fighter :)  And you will not have the big levers for prop and mixture, just a small one for one of those and the other (if available in the aircraft you want to fly) needs to be set via buttons or by using the mouse in the virtual cockpit.
southerndude View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerndude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:26am
Hello, everyone, I'm totally new to the whole world of Flight simulators.

I do understand that having the Flight hardware is important. So, I have been looking around on Ebay, and I found a complete kit that is the following: Logitech Saitek PRO Flight System Bundles - Controllers, Yoke, Pedals, Throttle.

It is selling for $180.00 US, it is stated as Refurbished. Do these things have many problems? The Vendor looks legitimate, and has a 14 day return policy.  What do you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic