This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Most AI aircraft don't have a tail logo light on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most AI aircraft don't have a tail logo light on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most AI aircraft don't have a tail logo light on
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:35pm
Hi all,

I've recently freshly installed my FS9 (including patch 9.1) and other addons.

I did my first night flight the other night and have noticed that most of the AI aircraft don't have their tail logo lights on. Some AI aircraft do though.

I'm completely puzzled by this.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this? :/
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:04am
Got an update for you. Got this issue resolved and I think I identified the cause. In basic terms this is what I did ...

I completely uninstalled all my FS9 addons and FS9 itself. I then deleted all relevant registry keys manually, mainly because I didn't really fancy doing a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 but wanted to do a clean FS install. Then did two system restarts.

I reinstalled FS9 to the same location (my gaming SSD drive - H:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\); having disabled my net, avast anti-virus and malwarebytes. Keeping the latter as it was I then applied the FS9.1 patch, ran FS9. Then installed (running FS9 after each): Ground Environment Pro, REX 2004, FS Terrain followed by FS Traffic 2005 with the patches.

I tested FS9 at night and everything was working fine. So I then thought it must have been either scenery or an aircraft addon. Reading around the net I found a post about someone having issues installing the PMDG 737 aircraft (600/700/800/900) on x64 bit. They solved their issue installing it in safe mode.

So I decided to install the PMDG 737 in safe mode (again with everything - net AV ect disabled). Then installed the liveries, followed by the model update. Ran FS9 after in normal mode and everything was working fine - both with the PMDG and AI Traffic. Note: I had an issue with the PMDG logo light before where it was a panel state issue. That no longer exists. So at the moment I feel this may have been the cause.

Some of the aircraft logo lights don't turn on until they have been given clearance for takeoff and they turn their landing lights on but they do work unlike before.
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic