Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nose heavy on landing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nose heavy on landing
    Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:10am
i noticed that both the arrow 3 and turbo both bang down the nose on landing no matter how accurate on speed etc. this is not what the real aircraft does - yes the arrow is a little heavy nose wise but you can still hold the nose off quite easily but i find the just flight implementation  does not allow this. I thought it was just me but interestingly I tried the new cessna 152 demo and it does the same, which is definitley not what the vreal aircaft does, so I think there is an issue here. btw I do not have any issues with other non just flight aircraft.

Brian
pilot100 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:21am
ok so I replaced the .Air file with one from an old version of an Arrow from another manufacturer and guess what?   landing with nose wheel  off without the great thump so I think jf needs a slight mod here. having said that everything else about the jf arrow is pretty much first rate..... of course only my opinion and I have been wrong before.
jchpa32 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchpa32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:16am
Brian, I agree. The pitch in this model is much too heavy. It might be more accurate in the T-tail, and I have read and heard it is, but certainly not in the straight tail (I have several hundred RW hours in PA-28 and -32 straight tails, so I can speak to this a bit). I have always been able to hold the Archers and Warriors nose high in the flare and keep the nose gear off as long as I liked, and even in the Six and the Saratoga, I could keep that long heavy nose up in the flare.
In my experience, the stabilator never required much force on the yoke to control pitch accurately and easily.
Even the two T-tails I have flown, the Tomahawk and the Beech Duchess, presented no particular problems.

JCH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic