This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VC10 Autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a380adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VC10 Autopilot
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:09pm
Hi all!

I've attempted a flight with the VC10 twice so far, and both times the autopilot was acting up. Looking at the forums, it seems other people have this problem too. After takeoff, i flick on the auto throttle, AP1, nav, altitude and IAS. I select the cruising altitude and it climbs ridiculously quick! Stall within about 20 seconds. Then it goes fast nose down. When it does get to cruise altitude, it goes way past it, and the speed selected isn't being kept. NAV isn't followed even with the flight plan loaded in, and if i do select "VOR" on the autopilot option knob, and with the VOR frequency set, it doesn't fly towards it.

So far not too happy! Cry

Could be an excellent plane though if i get this problem fixed.
Thanks,

Adrian
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:09am
Hi Adrian,

Have you contacted the support team? We could do with some more information to look into this.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
a380adrian View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a380adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Adrian,

Have you contacted the support team? We could do with some more information to look into this.

Thanks
Martyn
Hi Martyn,
Contacting support now, thanks for the speedy reply! Hope any information I give can be use to the team, great aircraft so far, will be one of my favorites with the issues sorted!

Thanks,

Adrian
mkjordan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkjordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:38pm
Hi Adrian.
The Tutorial flight didn't include turning the Autopilot power on at the Autopiƶot Disconnect switches, clearly the autopilot will not work without power, did you turn them on?

I had the same problem by following the tutorial.

regards

M. Jordan
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
As an aside, VC10 autothrottle is only ever used on approach, mainly because its maximum speed is either 175 or 185 KIAS.
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
What button/ switch turns on the autopilot power? I cannot find it
mkjordan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkjordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 7:34pm
Hi Hriches2

Below the Autopilot panel between the Nav radios you should see three switches, on the right is the R M yoke switch which hides the Yoke. The two switches on the left are the Autopilot Disconnect switches. The AP Disconnect is default off when starting in Cold & dark. They need to be on to usie the autopilot
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 11:11pm
Thank you! Now Ican fly the aircraft again using cold and dark! Jumping in again right now!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic