This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C152
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MAGNETO Switch - Saitek Switch Panel & SPAD.NEXT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAGNETO Switch - Saitek Switch Panel & SPAD.NEXT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blassiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAGNETO Switch - Saitek Switch Panel & SPAD.NEXT
    Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 5:14pm
Hi everyone. Has anyone been able to get the Magnetos rotatory switch (Saitek Switch Panel) working with SPAD.Next for C152 ? I tried lot of different settings in SPAD.Next but cant get it to work. I have a registered copy of SPAD.Next. Switch Panel works fine with A2A's C172

I have managed to get all the light switches & master battery/alternator working though.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 3:09pm
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with SPAD but the magneto selector can be controlled using the MAGNETO_INCR and MAGNETO_DECR events.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
detheridge02 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detheridge02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 11:50am
I tried with the increase and decrease mag settings in Spad.next and couldn't get it to work either. Moving clockwise just seems to start the engine. 
davenicoll View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote davenicoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:28pm
+Hi Martyn,

Whilst I respect your Pipers and Cessna 152 are excellent products and "Study Sims" with highly realistic behaviours I find it interesting none of them can be mapped to the Saitek switch panel.

I have numerous aircraft and I think everyone without exception works out of the box with default assignments.

May I suggest you look into this for future releases .

I also suggested publishing the full LVars list on a previous post but this seems to have been ignored.

Thank you

Dave
FlyingSquirrel77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlyingSquirrel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 5:52pm
Hi JF team !

Fully agree with Dave : I spent 45 mn now trying to get the anim works with spad.next. Though the engine is starting well at the end, i still can't get to see the magnetos move from left to right. 

And i'm still wondering on how to put the key on the starter without the mouse action...

So i think i'm not the only one who would be really glad to get the full LVAR list or Simconnect/FSUIPC events, whatever you guys used for the different actions.

Once a profile is set up is SPAD.Next, we can publish it online so everyone can enjoy... But i'm still too much stuck into several graphical or sound issues to pusblish mine now...

Many thanks in advance, if that is possible !

Christophe
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:56am
Quoting my reply to the other thread:

Unfortunately we don't have access to Saitek hardware or SPAD software for testing purposes, and we are not able to guarantee support for all variations of hardware. However we do support default controls/events where possible.

The simplest method for getting a list of all an aircraft's lvars is to use Doug Dawson's XML vars gauge, which provides the names and live values so you can see how they function - http://www.douglassdawson.ca/

The lvars have logical names so it should be quite easy to identify the values that you need.

The magneto selector can be set directly using the 'LEFT_LOWER_ignition' lvar (0-4 = off to start) or, in the case of the C152, using the MAGNETO_INCR and MAGNETO_DECR events. Triggering each event once will rotate the selector clockwise or anti-clockwise.

The fuel selector can be set directly using the 'LEFT_MISC_fuel_sel' lvar (0 = off, 1= left, 2 = right).

The ignition key can be toggled by setting the 'LEFT_LOWER_ignition_vis' lvar (0=hide, 1=show).
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
FlyingSquirrel77 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingSquirrel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:11am
Thanks Martin !

I will try all that and come back if successfull !

Christophe
GaryG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:59am
I can get the magnetos to increase/decrease and start the engine using the Increase/Decrease magnetos function in FSUIPC, but the animation in the VC remains motionless, causing uncertanty as to what position the key is actually at. Can this be animated in the same way as clicking the hotspot in VC please?
Thanks
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic