This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior II - ADF when NDB is .5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Uptimist View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uptimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrior II - ADF when NDB is .5
    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:44pm
Has there been any update to this?

Thanks!
G-CYMRU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-CYMRU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:22am
Martyn,

A clear description of a workaround would be greatly appreciated when you find out what’s the best!

Kind Regards

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:49am
This is an annoying limitation of the way FSX/P3D simulates ADF radios. In the real world the unit fitted to the Arrow and Warrior doesn't provide a way to set the fractional part of the ADF frequency, however in the real world you don't need to set the exact frequency in order to receive a signal so that isn't an issue. Unfortunately it does need to be set exactly in FSX/P3D, hence this issue.

As Thomas has pointed out, a popular way to get around the limitation is to use the FSUIPC option. Alternatively some people add the 2D radio pop-up from something like the C172 which provides the ability to set the fractional part.

I'll investigate what options could be included in our aircraft to provide a workaround for this.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 3:43pm
Search for the FSUIPC configuration option "AutoTuneADF=Yes", this may help.
(I haven't tried yet as the ADF frequencies I need are all .0)
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 3:32pm
I asked exactly this in March last year in this forum concerning the Arrow and haven't resolved it yet, so it would be good to hear a solution!
G-CYMRU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-CYMRU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:34pm
Hi all,

I’ve got the Warrior II and every time I try and tune an NDB with a decimal 5 frequency the ADF does not pick up the NDB at all! For instance Cardiff 388.5 I have tried rounding up to 389 and down to 388 and nothing.

If I change aircraft to another type that does allow the input of a decimal and then switch back it works. With it displaying 389. However if I then change the frequency and back again to 389 it doesn’t pick it up?!

Any ideas??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic