This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C152
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strobes flashing in panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikealpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strobes flashing in panel
    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:21pm
I know I have mentioned this somehere already, but couldn't find it.
Can't remember having ever noticed this in the real plane, but it's a long time ago.

Anyway, the flashing/blinking reflection of the strobes in the panel is hard to stand for a long time. Maybe I notice it more due to a 43" 4k monitor.
Am I the only one ?
Is there anything that can be done ? Make it configurable ?

Mike

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:29am
Hi Mike,

We tried to reproduce this issue but none of the development team or testing team could manage it.

Can you submit a support ticket and we'll send you a modified file to test?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mikealpha View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikealpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
Hi Martyn,

Ok, done.
I have recorded a short video of the effect, but it was too big to attach to the ticket.

Thanks
Mike
MikeFlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm

Hi Mike,
maybe you have installed the tool "AI Lights Reborn Free Edition"?

I also had this strong flash of strobe lights. After I disabled the tool, everything was back to normal.
Happy Landings, Michael
Mikealpha View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikealpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:13am
Hi Michael,

thanks ! You have found the problem, indeed I had that Addon installed and after uninstalling the problem is gone.
Now, interestingly only the C152 is affected from it. I don't see it in all my other planes.

It's quite a nice Addon. I will mention it in the AVSIM forum of the AI lights author, maybe a solution can be found.

Thanks again !
Mike
Mikealpha View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikealpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:21pm
Now, here's an easy fix to keep your AI Lights Reborn alive with the C152 or PA-28:

1. Open the C-152 (or PA-28) aircraft.cfg and find the LIGHTS section. Rename fx_strobe to e.g. fx_strobe_jf, like this  :

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3,   0.12, -16.75, 2.58, fx_navred
light.1 = 3,   0.12,  16.75, 2.58, fx_navgre
light.2 = 1, -15.47,   0.00, 4.95, fx_beacon
light.3 = 2,  -0.05,  -16.85, 2.58, fx_strobe_jf
light.4 = 2,  -0.05,  16.85, 2.58, fx_strobe_jf
light.5 = 5,  5.30,   0.00, -0.23, fx_landing
light.6 = 6,  5.30,   0.00, -0.23, fx_landing

2. Now go to your P3D effects folder and do a copy and paste on fx_strobe.fx. You should now have created fx_strobe - COPY.fx . Rename this to fx_strobe_jf.fx .

That's it :)

Mike

MikeFlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:14pm
Haha, yes, thanks. I already done yesterday. I have renamed the corresponding files in the Arrow, C152 and P3D Effects folders to "fx_strobe_LM". (because original Lockheed Martin file)
But is the same result.
LOL
Happy Landings, Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic