This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior II climb rate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westbros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrior II climb rate
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
Hi. I have a question about the climb rate of the Warrior II in FSX.

I have purchased sceneries by LLH Creations for the Courchevel and Méribel Altiports in France. I take off from Chambéry which sits at around 1,000 ft. To land at either of these altiports I need to climb to around 7,000 ft. I have no problem climbing to 3,000 ft, but after that it becomes incredibly difficult. The climb rate drops significantly, and I need quite a distance to be able to climb to 7,000 ft. This aircraft is supposed to fly up to 10-11,000 ft if I am not mistaken. Is this the correct aircraft behaviour? Or could I be doing something wrong? And if so, what can I do to improve the performance at higher altitudes?

Many thanks.

Adrian
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:38pm
Do you lean the mixture above 3000 ft?
westbros View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westbros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:05pm
No, not yet. This is something that I am only just learning about. Will this solve the problem of the sluggish climb rate? Or do I need to be doing something else too?

Adrian
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:38pm
If you've not got Automixture turned on in Realism settings, any piston engine aircraft will have reduced performance in FSX/P3D above 3,000 ft. This is because, as in real life, air become less dense at increased altitude and so the fuel mixture therefore is too rich and so must be leaned to produce the best fuel/air ratio to the engine. If you pull back on the mixture lever above 3,000 ft you should see increased engine RPMs up to a certain position. If you pull the lever back futher, the RPMs drop off.
I'm currently flying in Bolivia and the two capital cities are well above 12,000 ft which does cause problems with the piston aircraft that I fly (especially on hot days when the air is even less dense!) if the engines aren't leaned properly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic