This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fairchild Hiller FH-227B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fairchild Hiller FH-227B
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:11am
There really should be consideration given to developing a Fairchild Hiller FH-227, you already have the Fokker F.27, all that would need to be done is stretch the fuselage a simulated 6 ft in front of the wings, adjust the ride height, give the engines a bit more power and you have a whole new plane to sell, and I'd do it for X-Plane too
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
 Think of the expression "All that you need to do" as being a metaphor for `having no clue what's needed` - and thus better not asked.

It would need a complete new model, different FDE and a lot other detailed changes. 

The FH-227 bears more similarity to the Fokker F27-500, although it was still dissimilar to that, appearing some two years before the -500

The JF Fokker F-27 is variously the -100, -200 and the -300... Embarrassed

jymp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
Only an idea is all, for any dev that's looking for an aircraft that hasn't been done yet.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
By now it would have been, if there were a demand.

There hasn't, so there isn't. 

Only three people have mentioned it in all the FSX forums in the past even years.

So you're probably a lone voice in the wilderness, about to be eaten by wolves.

jymp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jymp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 9:42pm
Well aren't you just the typical keyboard cowboy, get over yourself junior, done.

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 8:40am
Well, that's told me. 
Doesn't make you less isolated sadly, or less wrong.

I do admit I wondered why JF chose the -100, -200 and -300. 

The greatest production numbers were for the -400 and -500 but I guess they used what they could obtain specs and pics for, rather than simply stretch anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic