This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Management Still Badly Broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Management Still Badly Broken
    Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:58pm
Well for me the engine was showing a failure.

Had to go into the P3D menu and uncheck Engine Failed. It was ad though the engine management program was resetting itself all the time... or just throwing its toys out of the cockpit !?!

Anyhow, C152 seems OK now, after 1.2 patch. So I haven't touched any of the settings, and as long as it starts up when I switch to it, I'm a happy aviator. If I want to spend an hour switching stuff on, I look to other aircraft. This is perfect for jumping in and going.

Do not know if Piper Archer has been fixed, as C152 is now my go to pootler..... getting in the way of the jets over Snowdonia !

Oh, and that is not a bad joke in light of the other day's tragedy.... pretty sure it will be mechanical failure, as those Red Arrows pilots are the best of them all !

The C152 is much improved, so kudos to the devs.... good that they listen and act.... (unlike 'some' devs, who just chuck stuff out every 2 weeks and forget them - cough!, cough!... we know who they are).

JF will go from strength to strength as the C152 was an improvement over the Arrow, and I am sure the next will be better still.

Looking forward to their next creation !

MartinM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:24am
I found a reason for the not starting engine yesterday. Looks like it has something to do with P3D. Actually if you switch into the aircraft and you select "ready for takeoff" the engine will not start.

Initially I was thinking it was coming from the aircraft. After test and testing over and over again. I switched the fuel cut on/off toggle using the keyboard command.

After this, the engine starts. I had a similar issue with VRS F18. Where the lights would not turn on even if battery and everything is running. Just the strobe and pos will not work. I learned from VRS that you have to manually toggle the keyboard command master/bat on/off to make the lights work. It is like a hidden switch, which your switches in the VR pit cannot turn on, no matter what you do.

Same for the Arrow III and iV. If you don't turn the fuel on, not even CTRL-E for autostart works.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
Hi Gabe,

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:36pm
Keep recurring unfortunately - only way around it is to switch off engine management, disable the failure in P3D, and then set the cfg file in the JF folder, to Read Only.

This Engine Management system is like an annoying sibling - always there, sniping at you.

PITA.

First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:27am
Well don't know what happened as I only flew it for an hour.

May have something to do with Simstarter.

Howevet, I have now mamahed to disable engine management, so won't be a problem.

But if anyone else has this problem, just check failures in the sim settings. For some reason it had been activated.

All good now.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:02am
The only thing in the PA28 that will cause an engine failure is running out of oil, and the latest version of the product (possibly the last couple of versions) includes a notification to warn you if the oil quantity is getting low. It can then be refilled from the refill menu.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
OK.... so I found out what had happened.

Appears that my engine has broken, before I was able to disable engine management - I went into Failures in the P3D menu, and unchecked the "Failure" of engine !

Hopefully it will stay off now, as unlike A2A, there does not appear to any dialogue telling me that there is damage, and inviting me to fix it !!!!!!!!!

Please try and improve this system. It is confusing.

Thnx

First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:06pm
Please can yo remove this system that simply will not work consistently.

Every 2nd or 3rd start up, engine will not start.

I turn off engine management - turn it on and fill the oil tank etc etc, but it keep refusing to start.

Please, either do this sort of thing properly or leave it out. it is ruining the experience.

Constant re-installation is the only workaround. 

I have just bought the C152, and am starting to worry that it too, is inflicted with this awful system.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic