This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawker Hunter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerheart78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawker Hunter
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
Good evening

I'm a big fan of the Hawker Hunter and your addon for the Prepar3d had to be natural.
However, I have a problem.
Namely, it affects the RPM of the Avon engine.
Idling at 2500- 2700 Rpm is ok. But I can not get over the 6000 RPM at full throttle. When Hunter it was but that can be flown up to 7500 Rpm without time limit. 7800 Rpm maximum 30 min and 8000 only for 10 min or take off.
Did I set my THROTTLE wrong that I only come to 6000 Rpm?

Greeting Tigerheart78
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 6:10pm
Haven't got it in front of me right now but the RPM gauge does not read as clearly as you would think it should -from memory, the small needle is on an inner scale / different scale to the larger needle or something of the sort? I know it caught me out initially, but that's how the gauge is in the real aircraft. I seem to remember that 6000rpm is the point where you begin to get creep against the brakes (part of the take-off checks) and you then release the brakes and go to full power it does behave correctly in that respect, I spent a lot of time checking!

Cheers,
Paul.
Tigerheart78 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerheart78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:15pm
Good evening
Thank you for your quick response.
At the moment I have no time but I'll take a closer look.
However, I think that the smaller of the two pointers, is the 1000 rpm indicates. Also turns on the external scale.

Greeting
Stephan
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:11pm
The picture below shows 6000RPM. The small needle shows thousands and runs on the inner scale. The large needle is hundreds on the outer scale.

Hope that clears it up,
Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic