This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DHC-3 Otter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Stack Freqs Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BarryM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Stack Freqs Changes
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
No one responded, so I did some further research. The Nav radios provided by Just Flight are Collins VIR 351 TSO units.
I was able to find a manual on the web on their operation. The real Nav units have two dual rotary buttons as shown in the sim. The right hand inner knob and outer knob in the Otter sim do change frequencies as expected. However, the left hand outer knobs are nothing like the real units.

The left knob is marked (as the real Collins Comm VIR 251 unit is marked,) with three settings for the outer knob - Store/Select/Recall. The real unit is marked To/Freq/From. Obviously the Freq setting should allow one to view the freq being set. However, Just Flight set up this knob to Power On/Off, and one cannot view the desired frequencies being set on the right knobs.  In other words the Nav units are essentially unusable because one cannot see the freq being set until the active/standby knob is pressed twice.

This is very sloppy configuration by Just Flight. It is disappointing they did not pay any attention to these errors in design.
BarryM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:16am
Just bought the Otter.
When adjusting frequencies on the radio stack traditional panel, I am not able to see changes in freq when clicking on the freq knob until I click on active/standby twice. In other words, the changes made in freq are not visible as I make the changes.
This seems odd. Am I missing something?
Thanks guys.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic