This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A display of the current version or SP number?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruggenbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A display of the current version or SP number?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:12am
I was wondering if this information is easily available anywhere as I cannot seem to find it.
I now own over 60 addons bought from this site, and I am never quite sure if I am flying the most up to date version. This is particularly important at the moment thanks to the numerous issues that many of the new releases (C46, HS748, BAC 111, VC10) seem to be suffering from, which have necessitated numerous SPs and FDE tweaks.
If this information is not already available, would it be possible to add it to the "My orders" Tab, with the current SP number and release date (to make checking of previously downloaded files easier) next to download button?
This is one area where Just Flight's already excellent customer service could be improved in my opinion. It would be a little time consuming to set up initially, but once implemented it would not be too difficult to maintain. Updating the website SP# entry could become part of the publishing process when new SPs are released. 
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by bruggenbill bruggenbill wrote:

I was wondering if this information is easily available anywhere as I cannot seem to find it.
I now own over 60 addons bought from this site, and I am never quite sure if I am flying the most up to date version. This is particularly important at the moment thanks to the numerous issues that many of the new releases (C46, HS748, BAC 111, VC10) seem to be suffering from, which have necessitated numerous SPs and FDE tweaks.
If this information is not already available, would it be possible to add it to the "My orders" Tab, with the current SP number and release date (to make checking of previously downloaded files easier) next to download button?
This is one area where Just Flight's already excellent customer service could be improved in my opinion. It would be a little time consuming to set up initially, but once implemented it would not be too difficult to maintain. Updating the website SP# entry could become part of the publishing process when new SPs are released. 

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

It is something we're aware of but not something we're able to get implemented short-term, mainly because we need to do further research, look at options, spec out dev work that's required to do this etc etc.

But yes we see your point and we're in agreement, it's on our list of things to look at and get sorted one way or the other.

Thanks again for the feedback.
stretch1365 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch1365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:15pm
Hi all,

I agree with Bruggenbill, what a great idea. I too do get the emails from you with notification of updates, but I am not sure if I have correctly updated all my Just Flight products to the current version. In fact I logged in tonight specifically to check what version the Tristar Pro is at, so a simple list of versions and dates would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Dave Phillips.
Happy Flying

David Phillips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic