This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vickers Vanguard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Max D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vickers Vanguard
    Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
With the superb collection of classic British aircraft that Just Flight have produced, including the Viscount, BAC 1-11, VC10 and HS 748, one further aircraft that begs to be simulated and would complement this collection of planes is the Vickers Vanguard, together with the Merchantman freighter conversion that flew from the earlier 60's until 1996.

As I am sure you are aware, there is a complete example preserved at Brooklands. The Vanguard also happens to be the first plane I ever flew on, from Heathrow to Palma and back, in the mid '60s, so I do have a slightly biased attachment to this plane!

This must be among the most beautiful aeroplanes ever produced, and had a capacity to match the 737'a and A320's of today; also the Vanguard was a very fast turboprop with sector times not far short of the jets of its time on routes such as Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris etc.

This would be a superb addition to the Just Flight hangar, and one worth considering?
However busy, days or nights
Always time for timeless flights!
simondix View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simondix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:51am
I would also like to see a Vanguard.  I also flew in one G-APEU in a charter for Air scouts from Hurn to Heathrow the Sunday after the Vanguard crashed there.  Lovely aircraft.
Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic