This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

InstallShield inoperable Win 7 FS9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: InstallShield inoperable Win 7 FS9
    Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:21pm
Grateful for any assistance chaps(and chapesses)
I have successfuly installed FS2004(FS9) onto my new OS Win7 64bit. (previously used Win XP).
I find that I am unable to install my various add-ons (trying to load FScene currently), this is because Win7 64 version of InstallShield won't work. It appears that the Win7 64bit version will not accept the .exe script used on standard FS2004/FS9 add-ons. Is there a fix that I can use? If I can't find one, I'll have to store all my FS2004/FS9 material and just use FSX, or go back to using XP with all its RAM restrictions. Help please!!!!Confused
Marwel
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 4:50pm
I think you are getting confused the ram restrictions are in the 32bit flight sims and not the OS, running 32bit flight simulator on a 64bit OS will have a 4gb limit hence the VAS and OOM`s, that`s why they have gone to 64bit flight simulators now it is the future of flight sims.
Ray Fry.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:16pm
Hi,
If you haven't done so already, please give the tech support team a try via www.justflight.com/support and they should be able to help

Thanks
Rich 
marwel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:33am
Didn't really help but thanks.
Marwel
marwel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:33am
I'll do that, many thanks
Marwel
marwel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marwel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:52pm
All sorted now thank, JF Support sent me a link to fix the problems.
Thanks for your help
MartinSmile
Marwel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic