This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stinson L-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stinson L-5
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:43am
An absolute delight to fly. Very well modeled. Ideal for those times when you want to get a quick half-hour of sim-time and don't want to spend it all getting the systems up and running. Long flights should be fun too in VFR.
However, a fuel gauge would be nice. I believe  the gauges should be in mounted where the wing roots join the cockpit, just ahead of the radio or electrical panels.
flyingjunk View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingjunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
The developer posted this over at Sim Outhouse - a patch is on the way.

You'll be wondering where the fuel gauges are. So did I. I've now found them. They are buried in the wingroot match ribs. So a quick fix patch is on the way with two shiny new mechanical float gauges so you can put your dipsticks away.Engel016

I'm also enjoying this but even after flying for 2 hours I just I can't get the timing right for Shift E + 2, 3,4 etc to open the observer door or windows - however long or short the pause between the Shift E and the number, all I can open is the main door. Maddening! Still love it though Smile.
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:58pm
Thanks for the info.
It's really fun to fly, currently trying to get in, and out, of smaller and smaller spaces.
Took a flight over London and landed at Lord's Cricket Ground. Try that in real life and you would end up in the Tower of London.
eke2000 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eke2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:46pm
Hi,

could anyone put up here a short video from cockpit view,where Stinson flying, taxi and so on,
I would like to hear sound.

Thanks!
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:46am
Thanks JF for this addon,a real pleasure to fly.
gpf View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:21pm
Anyone notice the red glow on the lower left fuselage?  Anyone know how to get rid of it?
gpf View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:58pm
I am using prepar3d V4.1 and the windows do not work.  Keep getting "not Mapped to Panel" message.  The speed is not correct either.  Flies too fast both at cruise and at 2300rpm.  Speed in a dive is also too fast.  I believe this model needs a bit more work.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:05pm
Hi gpf
The only door I can open is the pilots door using the shift +E keys,the others dont work.I am running on FSX Steam.Perhaps when the patch is released this will resolve these problems.
Regards.
Jim.

THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
I have a "major" problem.  As soon as I switch on the battery the elevator trim starts to drive down.  It won't stop until -20.  If I try to drive it the other way it will move but as soon as I stop, it just travels back to -20.  I have searched all of the controls and can find nothing.  This only happens with the Stinson L-5.  I have both of the Arrows and numerous other planes without this problem.

I have a very high end system and am running FSX. I also use Precision Flight Controls yoke, rudder pedals and large switch and throttle control console.

A solution would be greatly appreciated as I think this is one of my best planes.

Thanks in advance,

Tom 
Tom
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by THibben THibben wrote:

I have a "major" problem.  As soon as I switch on the battery the elevator trim starts to drive down.  It won't stop until -20.  If I try to drive it the other way it will move but as soon as I stop, it just travels back to -20.  I have searched all of the controls and can find nothing.  This only happens with the Stinson L-5.  I have both of the Arrows and numerous other planes without this problem.

I have a very high end system and am running FSX. I also use Precision Flight Controls yoke, rudder pedals and large switch and throttle control console.

A solution would be greatly appreciated as I think this is one of my best planes.

Thanks in advance,

Tom 

I haven't found a fix but I did find one interesting thing.  When starting the engine, I didn't switch on the generator switch on the electrical panel. I left it off with the red light on and it flew normally with the trim moving when you adjusted for trim.  As soon as I turned the generator switch on the trim started moving and wouldn't stop. The trim wouldn't stop moving on its own even if I went back and turned off the generator.

For me, there is definitely a tie between the two and I don't know why.  Just Flight, if you can help, it would be appreciated.

Tom
Tom
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 3:25pm
Come on Just Flight there must be someone there that can help me on the above problem.

Tom
Tom
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 3:59pm
Hi,
Have you reported it to the support team? If not then please visit www.justflight/support and they will be able to assist.
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,
Have you reported it to the support team? If not then please visit www.justflight/support and they will be able to assist.

I tried to enter a message and nothing worked.  As far as I can tell that system is worthless right along with the support from this company.  I have most likely purchased my last item from Just Flight.

Tom

PS: Sorry to be so frustrated.
Tom
flyingjunk View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingjunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
Hi there, as it's an Aeroplane Heaven release have you tried AH's own customer support? They answered several of my queries on the Stinson inside 12 hours, just make sure you include your JF order number Smile
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:35am
Tried that and no response so far.

Tom
Tom
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by THibben THibben wrote:

Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,

I tried to enter a message and nothing worked.  As far as I can tell that system is worthless right along with the support from this company.  I have most likely purchased my last item from Just Flight.

Tom

PS: Sorry to be so frustrated.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'nothing worked'? Are you getting an error when submitting a support ticket? We've not seen any other reports of the form not working.

Please email support@justflight.com if you still can't get the form to work.

As pointed out above, this is an Aeroplane Heaven release so they can provide tech support, however we will also do our best to help.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
Aeroplane  Heaven is working on it.

Tom 
Tom
gpf View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:15pm
I have a few issues with it.  I am using Prepar3dV4.1.
1.  There is a constant red glow on the lower left side of the fuselage.  No lights are on.  At night it looks like a red light from inside the cockpit from  somewhere.
2.  Windows will not open.  They are not mapped in Prepar3d.
3.  Generator indicator light does not extinguish when the generator switch is turned off.
4.  Airplane flies too fast.  It cruises at 140mph.  When in a decent, the mph can exceed 180mph.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:16pm
I am running P3Dv4.1 and do not get the glow. My windows open on Shift+E+3/4.
The generator light should only be on when the generator is off, but the battery is on.
I struggle to make 115mph in level flight.
Whatever your problem is, it isn't P3Dv4.1
I realise that doesn't help you much, but it does eliminate P3D as the problem.
The problem that I have is that with the mouse I cannot hold the starter in long enough to get the engine to fire. Ctrl+E starts it okay and it hold the starter in longer than I can.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:49pm
I just tried the new version with fuel guages. I find that I also have a very slight increase in max speed and can now just make 120mph at full throtle at 2,500 ft in still air.
I tried a night flight and I did get the glow, but not very bright, hardly noticable. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic