This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CRJ700/900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Buska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRJ700/900
    Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:36pm
How do you arm the spoilers in this aircraft the default keystrokes do not seem to work at all.
Flying this aircraft has been somewhat of a challenge.
My first problem was how to adjust the trim I finally figured that out the 7 and the 1 keystrokes
I finally spotted the button that allows you to see where the trim is set at
The manual does say to use the default assignments but it does not tell you how to find out where they are set at. One of the ECIAS keys will do that for you
Then I had the problem of getting the autopilot to arm figured that one out
now if I can figure out how to arm the spoilers.
I have looked everywhere in the manual and no luck yet
Not sure why some default key strokes work but others do not.Question

Gary M Buska
Gary Buska View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Buska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 1:05pm
A update on this subject. I managed to contact someone from tech support and was told that this aircraft does not have what are called ground spoilers simulated. It has what they call flight spoilers
and they will deploy automatically when the mains make contact with the ground so the keystroke needed which is usually the shift+/ key will not do anything
After making a few landings and watching using spot view they do deploy when the mains get on the ground good. Now you can always use the / key to deploy the spoilers any time you need them.
Even in the real world I have seen pilots deploy the spoilers/ Speed brakes to slow the aircraft down and give it better control when flying in turbulence. Big smile
Gary M Buska
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic