This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of issues with V4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of issues with V4
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:13am
Hello,
Finally got back to flying the Tonka again in V4. Now with a 4K monitor and new GPU things run a lot better.
However, seem to have a couple of things that aren't right.

Firstly, it appears that when I load a flight plan on the left TV Tab, the instant I do so the flight simulator just instantly crashes and closes. No freeze or anything.

Secondly TFR doesn't seem to function properly. Despite the fact it has been set up correctly when I engage it, it doesn't keep clearance relative to the ground. Instead if I set 500ft clearance, it will fly 500ft MSL instead, regardless of the ground. Is there something going wrong here, am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise, very much enjoying the product. Also, it would be great in the future if you thought about Tacpacking the product. The Tornado Gr.1 just has so much potential, whether that's form the JP233 attack, to laydown and loft modes. If so, could the ordnance manager have more options such as?:
Can load just a single GBU on port and starboard shoulders instead of 2 to replicate the 3 GBU loadout of the Gulf War.
Carry training bombs, bombs on the inner wing pylon, ALARM, TIALD.

Needless to say it's a lot there, and I would be very happy personally to pay for a 'professional upgrade' for these things.

Happy New Year's,
Peter
Panny View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:20am
Also I noticed that when on the TV TAB to select a tanker, there is no tanker present. Can this be resolved?
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Panny Panny wrote:

Hello,
Finally got back to flying the Tonka again in V4. Now with a 4K monitor and new GPU things run a lot better.
However, seem to have a couple of things that aren't right.

Firstly, it appears that when I load a flight plan on the left TV Tab, the instant I do so the flight simulator just instantly crashes and closes. No freeze or anything.

Secondly TFR doesn't seem to function properly. Despite the fact it has been set up correctly when I engage it, it doesn't keep clearance relative to the ground. Instead if I set 500ft clearance, it will fly 500ft MSL instead, regardless of the ground. Is there something going wrong here, am I doing something wrong?

Otherwise, very much enjoying the product. Also, it would be great in the future if you thought about Tacpacking the product. The Tornado Gr.1 just has so much potential, whether that's form the JP233 attack, to laydown and loft modes. If so, could the ordnance manager have more options such as?:
Can load just a single GBU on port and starboard shoulders instead of 2 to replicate the 3 GBU loadout of the Gulf War.
Carry training bombs, bombs on the inner wing pylon, ALARM, TIALD.

Needless to say it's a lot there, and I would be very happy personally to pay for a 'professional upgrade' for these things.

Happy New Year's,
Peter

I have the same issues. I have submitted s ticket.

The terrain following has never been satisfactory. The radar needs to follow terrain maps. The SSW Tornado has freely available downloadable terrain maps that can be integrated into the simulation. Just using the P3D terrain doesn't seem to work. But SSW have terrible problems with their forum being hacked and their installer is hopeless for P3dv4, but that's another subject!

Re TacPack, I 100% agree. TacPack the JF Tonka and I'd buy it twice! I am not holding out for a JP 233, that would knock DCS for six!

Here's hoping everything gets sorted.

Regards

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Panny View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:29pm
I have the SSW Tornado as well.
I won't compare the two, but it does seem SSW has the TFR nailed, and I like their moving maps(the default map the JF Tonka uses, is just ugly and doesn't have much application IMO).

I think the other thing I forgot to mention would have to be a visual model at least of the TIRRS Tornado.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:54pm
TFR has only ever worked once for me in the JF GR-1. Always dives the GR-1 straight for the terrain. The one time it worked it had a continuous, rapid pitch oscillation. RH mode also continuously oscillates in pitch, though it seems a bit better in P3D.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:52am
We're investigating both issues at the moment. We'll update you ASAP.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

We're investigating both issues at the moment. We'll update you ASAP.

Thanks
Martyn

Much Obliged!

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:59pm

I have the SSW Tornado as well.
I won't compare the two, but it does seem SSW has the TFR nailed, and I like their moving maps(the default map the JF Tonka uses, is just ugly and doesn't have much application IMO).

I think the other thing I forgot to mention would have to be a visual model at least of the TIRRS Tornado.

I agree the moving map in the SSW Tornado was a great feature. They use separate maps for the terrain elevation and topography, then use these to integrate the terrain following, this worked well. What didn't work well was the complicated install process and the autopilot! Missing targeting modes, awkward key assignments and their statement that the product would get no further development? Well at least they were honest there!

Also no rear seat position, so no multi function displays. It felt like a half finished experiment that was abandoned for some reason. So it's no longer on my system. I had it on my P3dv3 sim, so it kept crashing due to oom!

Like all these complex simulators if you could have all the best features in one, it would be magnificent, but then it would probably cost £100+?

I hope the JF Tornado continues to develop. A TacPack add on with a JP233 weapon would be superb. A moving map and terrain following radar linked to the AP with the maps from the SSW product.

Cheers.

Panny View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 10:23am
Well I think the way to solve these issues is to take the approach that Milviz has done with their F-4s.
Considering how long they've been available for they give the equivalent to DLCs within the F-4.
Say the initial F-4E release was in July 2015(so two and a half years old) and costs $60. Thereafter about a year and a bit ago they released Tacpack with it which costs $15 and then finally more recently the ADV version of the F-4E which adds more functionality, costing another $19. In essence, if you bought bit by bit, it would cost $95 for the finished product, which I personally think is fair as it has all the bells and whistles. However if you wait, the whole bundle is $80 for the base and expansions.

I think these days functionality and systems complexity is the name of the game, and for top tier military addons to be effective they should do what Milviz has done here. With a base pack you can provide an intermediate finished product, and then over time add more functionality to it.
Considering addons from PMDG and FSLabs push up to $140 these days I find it somewhat pedantic people get uppity on costs of the FS fighters. I would pay $140 for a PMDG standard Tornado for sure, and I believe that it is similarly complicated.

Peter
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:20am

Well I think the way to solve these issues is to take the approach that Milviz has done with their F-4s.
Considering how long they've been available for they give the equivalent to DLCs within the F-4.
Say the initial F-4E release was in July 2015(so two and a half years old) and costs $60. Thereafter about a year and a bit ago they released Tacpack with it which costs $15 and then finally more recently the ADV version of the F-4E which adds more functionality, costing another $19. In essence, if you bought bit by bit, it would cost $95 for the finished product, which I personally think is fair as it has all the bells and whistles. However if you wait, the whole bundle is $80 for the base and expansions.

I think these days functionality and systems complexity is the name of the game, and for top tier military addons to be effective they should do what Milviz has done here. With a base pack you can provide an intermediate finished product, and then over time add more functionality to it.
Considering addons from PMDG and FSLabs push up to $140 these days I find it somewhat pedantic people get uppity on costs of the FS fighters. I would pay $140 for a PMDG standard Tornado for sure, and I believe that it is similarly complicated.

Peter

Seemingly we are of like mind here. Good plan to provide incremental development models as per Milviz F4.

I would pay FSLABS or PMDG prices for a fully developed and TacPack enabled Tornado. If done incrementally, the developer should have some security in that he will not have all the eggs in one basket, so profits will always be there in the sale of the model range.

I paid $90 for the Tackpac + Superbug, as a Christmas present to myself. This was money well spent! The systems in the F/A 18 E are well modelled. The overall level of immersion is deeper (for myself) than the PMDG or FSL aircraft. The aircraft can be enjoyed without TacPack, having the full range of navigation avionics. However, adding TacPack brings a whole new level of complexity, interest and challenge.

We have precious few advanced military simulation models for Prepared V4. The Monopoly of DCS (they make devs sign a contract to not sell on other platforms) means that we will not be seeing aircraft like the Metal to Mesh Mirage 2000. So aircraft like the Superbug and hopefully JF Tonka, will be our current modern military jets.

Regards

David

paul day View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
I have the same problems as many other posters on this forum ie
1) No HUD
2)No functuality in the rear cockpit
3)See through airspeed gauge in the rear cockpit
4)Attitude indicator gauge missing in the rear cockpit
5)Gauge to the right of the HUD not working
Also could somebody explain why in the CFG for the  German liveries  the kb_checklists=Eurofighter_check

Regards Paul Day. 
paul day
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:11pm
Hi Paul,

Please download the latest installer from your account and then check to see if the gauges are still missing.

If you are using FSX or P3D v1-v3 then you'll need to enable the rear seat using the configuration tool. If you have the simulator open then you'll need to restart it before the changes take effect.

The Tornado uses its own custom checklist panel so you can ignore the default checklist/reference kneeboard tabs.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:03pm
Just an update on my crash to desktop issue upon loading a flight plan?

Today I loaded the Tornado and was able to load a flight plan without any CTD?

Trouble was after taking off the aircraft struggled with all the auto pilot functions. Also the 15 waypoints were not visible on the navigators screen in the back?

Selecting altitude hold caused a roll and dive into the deck? The terrain following feature did not work whatsoever.

So I don't understand what's going on with the 64 bit version if this sim.

Regards
David

Mr Paul Michael Rose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Paul Michael Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:49am
Guys are there any updates with the Tonka

The big ones for me are the kamikaze TFR which initiates a death dive as soon as engaged and the CTD when flight plan is selected in rear pit

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones killing it for me.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Mr Paul Michael Rose Mr Paul Michael Rose wrote:

Guys are there any updates with the Tonka

The big ones for me are the kamikaze TFR which initiates a death dive as soon as engaged and the CTD when flight plan is selected in rear pit

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones killing it for me.

+1

My Tonka is in the hangar.
Seems like its not going to get any better?

Regards
David

Mr Paul Michael Rose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Paul Michael Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:40am
@ the JF guys

Any idea for when either a patch or workaround is either due or being worked upon. I know that you guys are really busy. I love the Tonka and I have waited so long to fly one in VR and the SSW just doesn't have the feel yours does and therefore i am loath to hanger queen her but the problems we have at the moment are really affecting the feel of the product. The flight plan info is essential to navigation and for me the TFR issue is a bit of a killer. I always had a dream of a VR flight on TF through the lake district. Can someone just reply with a yes we will look at it or there is something due to happen, I think people are just getting a tad tetchy as nothing is ever heard.

I hope someone answers.

Paul
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 5:55pm

@ the JF guys

Any idea for when either a patch or workaround is either due or being worked upon. I know that you guys are really busy. I love the Tonka and I have waited so long to fly one in VR and the SSW just doesn't have the feel yours does and therefore i am loath to hanger queen her but the problems we have at the moment are really affecting the feel of the product. The flight plan info is essential to navigation and for me the TFR issue is a bit of a killer. I always had a dream of a VR flight on TF through the lake district. Can someone just reply with a yes we will look at it or there is something due to happen, I think people are just getting a tad tetchy as nothing is ever heard.

I hope someone answers.

Paul

I read they are working on an F3.

Perhaps the Bomber will get fixed along with the Fighter?

Not much active service time left now, before the powers that be "retire" it.....like the Harrier?

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 8:15pm
Sorry for the delay in answering.
As Herky has correctly stated, we have an F3 in the works at the moment. It's currently still being modelled, but when the time comes for coding work the plan is to give the GR1 an overhaul at the same time. 
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

@ the JF guys

I hope someone answers.

Paul

I read they are working on an F3.

Perhaps the Bomber will get fixed along with the Fighter?

Not much active service time left now, before the powers that be "retire" it.....like the Harrier?

Possibly but as the F3 doesn’t have TFR, that probably still won’t get addressed. Come on Just Flight, the GR1 isn’t complete without TFR. It was the main reason I bought it.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 11:22am
But the Vulcan does have TFR, though not as complex as the one in the Tornado (giving indications to the pilot rather than actually flying the aircraft). However, for sim purposes the avoidance of terrain is the main issue, and with the fact that both Tornado systems and TFR are being looked at this year I would think it likely that it will be addressed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic