This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 new update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:21pm
Hi,

I got your email.. but unable to install files sent and check until this evening.

Was called into work this morning ..sorry.

Should be able to about

Thanks

Morti
Bjoern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Unfortunately this is another one that I can't reproduce. 

• Are you checking this immediately after first loading the aircraft, i.e. not after configuring the aircraft from cold & dark etc?

Just tested again. Loaded the aircraft, connected external power, switched battery on, set switch to "PRE FLT", pressed the test button, but nothing happens.

Reset the aircraft state to cold and dark. External power was still connected; switched on the battery, did a successful AFDS BITE test, but again, no reaction when pressing the "TEST" light.

• Does the corresponding item in the CSAS BITE checklist (third item down) remain red despite left clicking on the TEST button?

Yes.

• Does the test button illuminate if you use the CONSOLES TEST L switch on the rear right console (the switch that illuminates all the left console lights)?

Yes.

I, however, found out that I can get the CSAS BITE test started by starting one engine, pressing the "TEST" button (will not illuminate) and immediately the "(CSAS) ENGAGE" button (test will begin).
Then, I can complete all items on the checklist except the last one. The second to last item automatically marks as complete and the "GO" light, contrary to checklist instruction, automatically illuminates. Pressing the "TEST" button to extinguish the blinking "TEST" light has no effect. The "SPILS BITE" light also keeps blinking. Therefor, I am unable to complete the CSAS BITE TEST.

I can submit a ticket with all the bugs I've found so far if it helps, although I think that posting the bugs here in the forum avoids a flood of tickets containing essentially the same things.

P.S: If you're taking a look at the CSAS test gauge logic, could you maybe add an "auto cycle trims" button or increase the trim surface control acceleration while in test mode? Cycling the emergency trims and the normal trims through their full range is quite time consuming because of the small increments.

P.P.S: If the Tonka used XML gauges, I could help you out in hunting down the exact cause of those bugs, but with C++ gauges, my hands are tied.
Roebuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:36pm
CSAS BITE can only be performed after first engine start (Which should be the right hand engine) as per the real aircraft.

Regards, 

Roebuck
Roebuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm
Also, The CSAS Test is normally carried out every 7 days or after a snag occurs. So at least we don't have to go through the toils and tribulations of the BITE every flight ;).

Regards, 

Roebuck.
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:26pm
Hi Martin,

Further to my ticket ..i have sent 3 replies to Craig.. regarding these issue.

Just so u know what going ..

In my emails I said I could load flight plan .. but i managed to do so once air born. And HUD didn't more which it DOES on my last test!!

My AI at RAF Marham must have been complaining to ATC !!! Whilst ideas checking!

I did one last test where i changed and ticked gauges which was unticked in configuration tool and reloaded SIM and they seemed to work.. then after 5mins of flying crash to desktop.

With the 2D panels are we supposed to see the main pilot view with HUD as a 2D panel or just in VC pilot veiw?

Thanks

MORTI
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:58am
A new installer is now available in your account, which should hopefully address the missing gauge issue that some of you were encountering.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bjoern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:08pm
In case anybody's wondering: The gauges in the "panel" folder are the only things that were changed.

The HUD, TFR, RWR and TV displays work again. Thanks!

But the framerate...
I can turn down everything in the configurator, use the low-poly cockpit, the 2048 px textures, etc... and my framerate over land alternates between 9 and 14 (normally 30).

If I disable all gauges in the panel.cfg, framerates return to normal - or at least to what is normal for a model with 350000+ polys (~27 FPS).

Are the gauges drawn with GDI+?
If so, this would be a perfect explanation for their rendering performance as the method is notorioulsy resource-intensive most of the time.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
All glass/digital displays are coded using GDI+. 

Here was my reply to a similar post on SOH:

It'll always be a demanding product due to its complexity but you can find more information on optimising performance (a tool is included for that) on the support page. In P3D v4, using a fairly modest PC, I get approx 50-60 FPS in the VC and 90+ FPS in the exterior view. If you are using a modern gaming PC and are seeing less than that, then it might be worth getting in touch with our support team.

I see a similar FPS range in FSX:SE with the rear cockpit and 4096 textures enabled when using a 7-8 year old gaming PC, but it's slightly smoother in P3D v4.

If you haven't already done so, it's also worth adjusting the gauge refresh rates (see the support section for more info).

If you are unable to get satisfactory performance then we're of course happy to provide a refund/exchange.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bjoern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

All glass/digital displays are coded using GDI+.

That explains it.
I'm not sure why, but I never had any luck with aircraft using GDI+ for gauge rendering. Each of them always dragged down performance by a good margin.
Could be the anti-aliasing or the fact that it's entirely software rendered, I don't know.

Quote Here was my reply to a similar post on SOH:

It'll always be a demanding product due to its complexity but you can find more information on optimising performance (a tool is included for that) on the support page. In P3D v4, using a fairly modest PC, I get approx 50-60 FPS in the VC and 90+ FPS in the exterior view. If you are using a modern gaming PC and are seeing less than that, then it might be worth getting in touch with our support team.

As I've said, I've used the tool for decreasing gauge refresh rate to the bare minimum, switch to the simplified cockpit model, cut textures down to 2048 pixels, turn off effects, etc...nothing really helped.

Quote I see a similar FPS range in FSX:SE with the rear cockpit and 4096 textures enabled when using a 7-8 year old gaming PC, but it's slightly smoother in P3D v4.

If you haven't already done so, it's also worth adjusting the gauge refresh rates (see the support section for more info).

It all depends on how you've configured the simulator and I am convinced that it is indeed possible to get high frame rates in the Tornado if you decrease other overhead (terrain, weather, AI traffic).
But I'm mostly an airliner guy and my sim is configured for that.

Quote If you are unable to get satisfactory performance then we're of course happy to provide a refund/exchange.

Well, that depends. I figure any further, large performance optimizations are not part of the development roadmap for the Tornado, right?

If that's the case, I'd go for an exchange and try my luck with a different model from JF's lineup. Thanks for the offer!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic