This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado GR1 new update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado GR1 new update
    Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:35pm
Hi,

FSX boxed version

Got a email to say about new service pack 5 was ready to download.

I uninstalled the older version and downloaded latest exe from my account.

I reinstalled my previous repaints and now I'm unable to turn on the nav screens in rear cockpit. They just stay black. The map displays okay.

Any advice?
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:56pm
Front cockpit missing a gauge
(red arrow:)
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai3u50hquI_shskMabGh1ilpfkHUZw

Rear
Missing gauge ?? red arrows and the Nav screens wont turn on

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai3u50hquI_shskLzlysa5SQd5YWnw
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
In my case Left Screen works but switching on the Right leads to CTD
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 8:51pm
HUD not working nither!

any ideas?

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:42pm
I've just installed the latest version of the Tornado into a fresh copy of FSX:SE and couldn't reproduce these issues. The warning radar and HUD work in the front cockpit, and after using the performance configuration tool to enable all of the rear cockpit and gauges, they are all working OK too (load correctly no CTDs etc).

The rear cockpit screen in the bottom right that is highlighted in your image is not simulated/included in this product.

If you still encounter these issues after uninstalling, ensuring that no files are left over in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder, and then installing the latest version again (before modifying any files/adding any extra liveries), then please contact the support team and we'll investigate.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bjoern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:58am
I can reproduce the issue.
GR.1 SP5, fresh installation into FSXSE on Windows 10. All the gauges successfully register at first start.
Start a flight in the aircraft, select "Ready For Takeoff" from the menu. The engines start, but all displays (E Scope, HUD, RWR, TV displays) stay off.
Granted, I didn't read up on how to turn them on yet, but being "ready for takeoff" should imply that everything's up and running. Wink
Would be great if you could look into this.

Not sure whether the options set in the Configuration Utility ("texture_VC" folder) have something to do with this or not. Couldn't find any documentation on it (the manual only deals with the tool's texture management part).

If there'll be another update or hotfix, please silence the highly annoying default fuel pump sound by having this in the sound.cfg by default:

[fuel_pump]
maximum_volume=0

Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:42pm
Martin,

I not tried to uninstall and start a fresh install yet.. Will try this (FSX boxed) over the weekend.

I use both FSX boxed and FSX SE.

Morti
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Bjoern Bjoern wrote:

I can reproduce the issue.
GR.1 SP5, fresh installation into FSXSE on Windows 10. All the gauges successfully register at first start.
Start a flight in the aircraft, select "Ready For Takeoff" from the menu. The engines start, but all displays (E Scope, HUD, RWR, TV displays) stay off.

THIS SHOULD BE ALL ON - WHEN USING READY FOR TAK OFF!!

Granted, I didn't read up on how to turn them on yet, but being "ready for takeoff" should imply that everything's up and running.
Wink

I AGREE!!

Would be great if you could look into this.

Not sure whether the options set in the Configuration Utility ("texture_VC" folder) have something to do with this or not. Couldn't find any documentation on it (the manual only deals with the tool's texture management part).

If there'll be another update or hotfix, please silence the highly annoying default fuel pump sound by having this in the sound.cfg by default:

[fuel_pump]
maximum_volume=0

tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
I too have just installed update 5, now Hud  is not and rear displays not operating 
I have saved them to on in the configuration tool.
This is an update ?? 
Joe Whiskey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Whiskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
P3Dv4 fresh install.  Unable to get anything working in the backseat.  The moving map looks like a rear parking camera...   I hope this will be fixed as I had high hopes for the P3Dv4 version.
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:28pm
FSX fresh install

As request no added testures ... same result.
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 10:43pm
I have been having the same experience.  Configured the cockpit(s) and no HUD and black screen in the Navigator/Weapons System Officers position.

Unable to configure weapons loadouts, fuel loads and flight plans.  Cry
Bjoern View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 10:50pm
Further bugs found so far:

- CSAS BITE check can not be conducted. Test button does not illuminate after pressing, neither on 2D panel nor in the VC.
- CSAS "PREFLT/1ST LINE" switch bitmap disappears when in "1ST LINE" position
- Manual/Checklists: In the "Initital Checks" list, the ignition switch must be set to off, but there's no item in the "Starting Engines" list that requires the switch to be on again.
Without ignition, no engine start.

And I still don't get any HUD, TFR, TV or RWR displays, despite following the checklist to the letter.

DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm

- CSAS BITE check can not be conducted. Test button does not illuminate after pressing, neither on 2D panel nor in the VC.
- CSAS "PREFLT/1ST LINE" switch bitmap disappears when in "1ST LINE" position
- Manual/Checklists: In the "Initital Checks" list, the ignition switch must be set to off, but there's no item in the "Starting Engines" list that requires the switch to be on again.
Without ignition, no engine start.

Yep, same issue here, using P3dv4.1

HUD, TFR & TV screens are working for me though.
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:57pm
Checked the tornadogr1.cfg in panel and it only has one line in it.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:23pm
As per my post above, if you are encountering any missing gauges then please submit a support ticket so we can collate all of the information and identify the cause.

If you are using FSX:SE then please also ensure that you have the legacy version of SimConnect installed (https://www.justflight.com/support/flight-simulator-x-steam-edition/384bffb)

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Morti Morti wrote:

Checked the tornadogr1.cfg in panel and it only has one line in it.

Please ignore the cfg file located within the panel folder. The file has been relocated to AppData to allow people to move the Tornado aircraft folder outside of the standard SimObjects folder.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
Add me to the list. No HUD or rear screens at all. Just got this and it looks good but as is unflyable. Hope it's fixed soon.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:24am
If you haven't already done so, please submit a support ticket as we need to gather information on simulator versions etc, so we can attempt to reproduce the issue here, send you gauges to test etc.

EDIT: We will shortly be sending some replacement gauges to those of you who have contacted us. If they resolve the issue then we'll update the installer ASAP.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 9:53am

Unfortunately this is another one that I can't reproduce. 

• Are you checking this immediately after first loading the aircraft, i.e. not after configuring the aircraft from cold & dark etc?
  • Does the corresponding item in the CSAS BITE checklist (third item down) remain red despite left clicking on the TEST button? 
  • Does the test button illuminate if you use the CONSOLES TEST L switch on the rear right console (the switch that illuminates all the left console lights)?

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic