This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving to new windows 10 PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dai Bach View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving to new windows 10 PC
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:55pm
Anyone??

Any experience with Air Hauler 1 and Windows 10?
Dai Bach View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
Merry Christmas.

Peace at last...

I've recently built a new PC with Windows 10, the old XP machine on which I ran Air Hauler having finally expired.

The old installation was made on three hard drives: executables and scenery on one, flights in my documents on another and fs9.cfg etc on the third. The new PC has only one logical drive, meaning that all paths have changed.

The process of installing FS9 on the new machine involved some fresh installation and some copying. I took the opportunity to rationalise the arrangement of scenery layers. The result is that I now have broadly similar scenery layers but in a very different order.

I thought I'd read somewhere that when porting my company to a new PC I'd need the same scenery layers in the same order but I can't find the reference now. Beyond having no jobs on the go, having the company planes installed and ensuring that airports still exist for my bases, is there anything I need to be aware of before copying my company details from a backup onto the new machine?

Thanks.

DB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic