This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA28 Arrow iii (FSW) needs admin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA28 Arrow iii (FSW) needs admin?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:04pm
Hi.  I did try google and searching here, sorry if I missed it.
I have Flight Sim World and yesterday I bought the PA28 Arrow iii from Steam.  Great looking aircraft.
I run Steam and FSW as a regular user (non-admin) and that seems to work fine usually.  However, when I ran FSW after installing the Arrow iii, it asked for the password for my admin user and I entered it.
When I get into the cockpit the red writing by the blue arrow in the corner of the screen says 'Initializing' and then 'CFG file missing. Please reinstall product or contact support.'
I tried validating the files in Steam but still the same result.
I see that the cfg file looks to be in C:\Users\<myadminuser>\AppData\Roaming\JustFlight\JF_PA28_Arrow\FSW\

I could try copying the AppData\Roaming\JustFlight\ folder over but presumably it needs to be able to update it and I don't want to run as admin.

What will I lose without the cfg file?  Does it just handle persistence of the aircraft?
Is there an easy workaround that doesn't involve running as admin?

Thanks very much.

tbaac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:03pm
Ah okay, I tried copying the JustFlight folder over to my regular user and I didn't get the error any more.
And the .cfg and .save files were updated when I exited.

tbaac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 2:33pm
Hi.  Is this something that'll get looked at?  Perhaps add a couple of lines to check whether the files exist for the user in \AppData\Roaming\JustFlight and if not to add them?
Similarly, if a setting isn't in the file already then add it.

Copying the files between folders is a workaround but if any updates are made to the files by a future update to the product then my user's version of the product won't see them.

Thanks again.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 4:42pm
If you report this issue to our support team we can get it looked at.

www.justflight.com/support/contact

tbaac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 5:00pm
Thanks voice of reason.  Apologies, I thought this forum was the place to report potential issues.

I tried reporting the error using the above url and got this message:

Our apologies, an error has occurred while processing your request.

Please contact our technical support using the following identifier: 

(an identified)

Thing is I was trying to contact support when I got the error, stuck in a bit of a loop.

Thanks again.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
Hi,
We'll get that looked at. In the meantime, you can email them directly via support@justflight.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic