This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aerosoft EGLL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aerosoft EGLL
    Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

The runways work fine on my PC, although I think that I used Airport Design Editor to modify the AFD file. I have take offs assigned to 27L at the moment, and landings on 27R.

OK, I don't use ADE since FSX. I messed up scenery by my inept "fiddling"!

Out of the box I don't think the control panel works to assign landing and take offs. I sent the dev a file copy and he has yet to get back to me.

As I said Christopher, I am spoiled by Flight Beam scenery, unfortunately it's only US airports they do. When I fly the PMDG Queen, I only see my take off airport and destination airport. Therefore these are more important to me, when flying such a high definition, high fidelity aircraft.

Orbx is fine for me in VFR. But for an aircraft like the Queen, Orbx becomes irrelevant. I don't see much from FL 380....but upon landing I want to see 64 bit scenery, not scenery that's been made to be shoehorned into a 32 bit VAS space!

Cheers.

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 8:58am
The runways work fine on my PC, although I think that I used Airport Design Editor to modify the AFD file. I have take offs assigned to 27L at the moment, and landings on 27R.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

I will check out that specific location in P3D v3 on my PC, and let you know.

Mines on P3dv4.....Can you check if your able to assign the runways for take off or landing?

I set the north runway for take offs and the south for landings but still have Kamikaze 737's trying to scare me to death!

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:44pm
I will check out that specific location in P3D v3 on my PC, and let you know.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:08am
Hello Christopher.

Unfortunately I have no way of posting screen shots on this forum, in order to illustrate my point.

The screen shots I just took, are from terminal buildings. Terminal 2b and the connecting "bridge", from 2b to Terminal 1. Gate 236 lets you see it.

When I refer to "afterthoughts", excuse my poor description. I meant that the scenery has been drawn in different resolutions, in different areas. This does not bear close inspection, since the resolution, especially on a HD monitor, looks obviously different. When going from add ons like Flight Beam, FSDT and Fly Tampa, who use high resolution "glass" effects and consistent HD resolutions, its rather obvious. But that is my fault for comparing scenery! However, they all do cost the same...£30?

The flickering buildings are atrocious on my system, but Aerosoft designer just said to me that he did not notice this and adds that it must be a LM problem....Which is always nice to do, pass the buck! These days is too easy for designers to blame the "other guy"..Its your system, its LM, its your settings, its you anti virus...At the end of the day get what you see..WYSIWYG.

So there you are. On my PC with W7 Pro and P3dv4 installed, that's my result.

Everyone's mileage may vary.

Cheers
David

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:38am
I use the Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended package in P3D v3, and it looks very good. I have not seen anything at the airport that could be considered to be an "afterthought", so maybe you are suffering from technical issues?
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:48pm
Hello David

Copy the UK2000XTREEM.

My problem was having a couple of Fly Tampa, FSDT and Flight Beam airports in P3dv4. I am spoiled you see!

The developers of those sceneries wrote on the Fly Tampa forum 6 months ago, that they were dropping FSX from further development, in favour of the new 64 bit platform. Reasons are obvious. Scenery can use unlimited VAS and have proper detailed texture blending.

When Aerosoft stick a P3dv4 label on a scenery, I know now that it's not necessarily been made with the SDK from P3dv4. More likely a port over from FS9/FSX. Harsh words, perhaps, but the price of £30 is the same as Flight Beam and the two aforementioned companies. So if they ask that much, they had better get it right!

Moan mode off!

At least it looks ok in the dark!

We are starting to see very high resolution flight decks and exterior models in 64 bit, so let's have airports that don't spoil the view!

Best regards

David

Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
Hi, if you are looking for decent UK airports may I suggest UK2000 Xtreme sceneries.  I have five of them in my library and they are great.

I use the airports for hopping around in the HS-748, Parcelforce livery, East Midlands(EGNX) to Prestwick (EGPK) via Belfast Aldegrove (EGAA), Heathrow (EGLL) and London City (EGLC).  For £16.99 they are value for money plus they have been upgraded to support P3dv4.

Cheers, David
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 1:12pm
I have P3dv4 installed and must say I am impressed with the 64 bit graphics.

I recently purchased Aerosoft "mega" airport Heathrow, for 64 bit P3dv4. I must say I am disappointed with the overall look of the scenery.

It's very "flat" has mismached graphics in places (the walkway bridge connecting the international terminals. Looks like an afterthought.

The worse thing I see are flashing scenery artifacts on certain airport buildings.

I have opened a topic on Aerosoft forum, but don't have any satisfactory responses. Even the designer says he hasn't noticed!

I have LSZH from Aerosoft and it appears slightly better.

I have looked at FSDT and Flight Beam scenery and these appear much better made. So I am learning fast to look around before splashing the cash. What was fine in FS9 is not in P3DV4!

Aerosoft EGLL looks like fs9 scenery that's made to work in P3dv4.

Regards
David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic