This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Electra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyKins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 7:15pm
I have just purchased the Electra Model 10 A directly from Just Flight and I seem to be having a problem with the OBS selector and the ILS needles (they do not move at all?!). I have been on the support page to see if there are any SP's which there are, but as I have purchased the addon after the 17th March 2016 I did not need to reinstall. Someone has told me that it should be included but I don't see how as it is still coming up with the old model that doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated pleaseĀ Smile
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:17am
I would have to verify if it works in the current version.
Did you verify that the VOR and ILS in the same area still work with default aircraft (or other aircraft that do not have a navaid database separately from the flight simulator)?
Which flight simulator are you using?
SassyKins View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyKins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:42am
I'm currently using FSX steam edition and yes the VOR's work with the default aircraft and any other addon aircraft.
SassyKins View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyKins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:15am
No matter what frequency I put into NAV1, the needles seem to stay in this position and the course select dial seem to change my ADF heading altogether.

ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:46pm
I just tried it: ILS and VOR tracking work fine:

The ILS needles are quite sensitive, so even a deviation of few degrees could make it look like ILS isn't active at all. Try lining up to the visual glide path via the VASI to see if it works on your aircraft.

The heading knob in the NAV/ADF gauge moves the whole compass card, because of that the white VOR needle and the yellow ADF arrow both move. This aircraft can only point to the VOR, but does not display the deviation from the radial, so in this regard it works similar to the ADF, but on the NAV1/2 frequency.

If both these things fail, we could try comparing checksums of the installed files, do you have something that can generate SHA1/2 or MD5 checksums of files?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic