This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Global

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:07am
How are these going to be injected into the sim? Are they all installed into the aircraft directory and then there are a load of bgls? Or does it run outside of the sim and inject the ai? Reason I’m asking is mt6 increases the load time of the sim massively because of the huge number of extra models it installs. Compared to utl which runs outside of the sim and doesn’t fill up your aircraft folder or affect load time.
Chris
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Quote Are we near release as I see it`s priced on early access.
We are indeed very near the release now!

Quote Impressive list of airlines, a day one purchase fo me! Naturally you cant get every singe airline in there but still a big player missing seem to be TUI, will it be included?

Currently there are Thomson liveries in there, but they will be updated to TUI liveries in due course. 

Quote I have to say I'm very impressed with the models and textures. Rivals the Fruit Stand and other excellent freeware I've been using for years. I'm wondering if the day and night textures will be mip-mapped and DXT5? That's a biggie for me. Do you have LOD and poly info? I didn't see these nitty gritty details anywhere, sorry if I missed them.

Textures are mip-mapped and DXT5 by default. I'm looking at including an option for converting them down to DXT1/3 for anyone looking for performance gains. That said, feedback on the fps from the beta team has been excellent. No OOMs or fps drops even at major airports with maximum traffic. 
The aircraft have been carefully modelled to be both visually appealing and very easy on performance. For example, the 787 model uses 47 drawcalls, 7900 triangles and 7500 texture verts. 

Quote How are these going to be injected into the sim? Are they all installed into the aircraft directory and then there are a load of bgls? Or does it run outside of the sim and inject the ai? Reason I’m asking is mt6 increases the load time of the sim massively because of the huge number of extra models it installs. Compared to utl which runs outside of the sim and doesn’t fill up your aircraft folder or affect load time.

The traffic is loaded into the sim via .bgl files. The aircraft fleet is located outside of the simulator so that it can be used by more than one sim without having to double up on file sizes if you were installing locally (the location is customisable, but is in My Docs by default). 
Traffic Global should have a small footprint - i.e. no modules running in the background and no bloated simobjects folders. 

Roriz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:26pm
Hello Rich,

Do you have news about Brazilian Liveries in this release ?

I mean :

- Gol Airlines
- Azul Airlnes
- Avianca Brazil (different from Avianca Colombia)
- Latam Brazil (Old TAM Airlines, different from Latam Chile)

Tks a lot,

Cesar
Todd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:03am
That sounds very good Rich. I'm even more interested in this product. So does that mean one texture sheet each for day and night? 1024 or 2048? Thanks for your info.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:13pm
Hi Roriz,
Avianca Brazil and Latam are both already in Traffic Global. With missing liveries, we'll hope to expand coverage with expansion packs should they be necessary, but I'm also open to crowd-sourcing liveries. I.e. if someone wants to paint something and send it to me, I can add it to Traffic Global and issue the flight plans for it.  

Hi Todd,
Each aircraft uses 2048 night and day texture sheets. 

Thanks
gronden View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Cannot wait to put hands on this.. it looks very promising.

MyTaffic, that I'm using since years, does not look anymore appropriate for P3D4.

Only one question: I have developed my own timeboard. Is it possible to read/export the Ai flights database?

Joe
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:29pm
Hi Joe,
The flight plan database is fully open and readable. 
gronden View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:33pm
Fantastic Thumbs Up

Still more promising.. just waiting for the release

Thanks

Joe
Asid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:46pm
Traffic Global is now available to buy in early access.

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Regards
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:39pm
I understand that GA aircraft/traffic is not included in the upcoming release, but can you say if this is planned to be included in an update/expansion or if we should seek other ways to add GA traffic?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:16pm
Hi,
Only commercial airline traffic will be featured in Traffic Global. 
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Only commercial airline traffic will be featured in Traffic Global. 

Thanks for clarification.
What's the recommended way to have GA traffic with Traffic Global? Just use the standard sim settings?
newtie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:05pm
For those of you interested, just did default install, run as admin, of TrafficGlobalEA.

Doesn't work, "Traffic Global has stopped working". 

Event viewer indicates .NET problem. Have latest installed. Have a ticket in on this.

Very disappointed.

Mark
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by newtie newtie wrote:

For those of you interested, just did default install, run as admin, of TrafficGlobalEA.

Doesn't work, "Traffic Global has stopped working". 

Event viewer indicates .NET problem. Have latest installed. Have a ticket in on this.

Very disappointed.

Mark

give us a few more details,
sim etc.....
it does work as described, have you tried reinstalling the .net just in case, got to be worth a try surely?
at least you've raised a ticket so they should be looking at it for you....
Rustydog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:32pm
Strange one this. If anyone can shed light I would be grateful. No AI at UK2000 EGBB Birmingham. All other UK2000 airports are fine. Nothing changed apart from installing Traffic Global.
Kind regards Steve.

I lied......UK2000 EGLL Heathrow is also barren. So some do and some don't have AI.
update.... And when they do show up they never move from the gate. even at default airports. There are AI flying around though.
Steve
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:02pm
I have traffic at UK2000, EGLL, EGKK , EGLC , EGBB , EGCC , EGNX, T2Gate LFPG, FlyTampa EHAM,
But I have found all black B737 no texture, turned on airline ai and it`s ELM, That`s why I have a shed load of them at EHAM.
PS P3Dv4 TRAFFIC SETTINGS 100%
Ray Fry.
newtie View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:28pm
P3DV4.2

Did all of that already including reinstalling the .exe

Anyway, many folks over at AVSIM have the same problem.

Even tho' this is early access, it's remarkable this wasn't caught during beta.

But hey, what do i know, I just write the check LOL

Mark
J.G. View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:58pm

Hi Tucanto,
Only commercial airline traffic in this edition. 

Are there plans to extend Traffic Global to GA and Military traffic?
J.G. View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:01pm

Hi Tucanto,
Only commercial airline traffic in this edition. 

Are there plans to extend Traffic Global to military and GA traffic?
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by newtie newtie wrote:

P3DV4.2

Even tho' this is early access, it's remarkable this wasn't caught during beta.

Mark

With a 'relatively' small group of beta testers (about 15, I seem to remember), nobody has had the problem and owing to the apparent nature of your problem if their PC doesn't see it once, it's probably not going to see it at all. Released out into the wild for early access and suddenly you have hundreds of people all with different rigs and FS setups, and out of those there appear to be three who have problems on the Avsim P3D thread (not checked other forums yet).

It'll get fixed - that's part of the point of EA; with the best will in the world, there is so much variety of systems and setups these days that you would need a beta test team of hundreds to cover the majority of options. Start increasing beta tester levels to that point and you are seriously impacting on sales. Less sales equals less likelihood of further development / future products.

This is the first day of EA, I'm sure that your ticket is being looked at and that you'll have either an answer or a direct contact to try to get to the bottom of the problem fairly shortly. Meanwhile, apologies for the fact that you have bought a product that is currently not useable on your sim but hopefully we will have you up and running in short order.

Cheers,
Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic