This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canberra lovelyness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canberra lovelyness
    Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:13am
Just Flight have done themselves proud with the Canberra!

Flight characteristics that actually have inertia. A joy to fly!

If the Vulcan is as good, I can't wait!

Best regards

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:45pm
Thank youBig smile  It's still one I like to take up from time to time for some relaxation and to get away from developing for 5 minutes! It's the same team on the Vulcan, with a few more aircraft under our belt so hopefully we will surpass the Canberra!

Cheers,
Paul.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

Thank youBig smile  It's still one I like to take up from time to time for some relaxation and to get away from developing for 5 minutes! It's the same team on the Vulcan, with a few more aircraft under our belt so hopefully we will surpass the Canberra!

Cheers,
Paul.

Agree the Canberra has an "aura" around it. It's a great sim. I use the sim in P3dv4 and have the flight 1 GTN 650/750 bundle pack. I noticed the on board GTN is a different version and uses the pln flight plan format. However, if one loads a plan and uses the pop up Flight 1 GTN, that works with the aircrafts autopilot system also!

I am looking forward to the Vulcan. I don't know if you plan to use a CIVA INS to navigate? I think JF are working one their own CIVA?

But the main thing to simulate is that intake "howl"! Oh boy no jet in history ever sounded like the Vulcan!

Cheers.

David

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:31am
Quote I am looking forward to the Vulcan. I don't know if you plan to use a CIVA INS to navigate? I think JF are working one their own CIVA? 

Hi David,

We've not finalised our plans for the navigation equipment/system, however we are developing a new INS at the moment so that will certainly be available to go into the Vulcan.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Quote <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I am looking forward to the Vulcan. I don't know if you plan to use a CIVA INS to navigate? I think JF are working one their own CIVA?</span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> 
</span>

Hi David,

We've not finalised our plans for the navigation equipment/system, however we are developing a new INS at the moment so that will certainly be available to go into the Vulcan.

Thanks
Martyn

Hi Martyn.

Looking forward to it.

I don't suppose you plan to have the Green Satin Doppler navigation system linked to the INS? I know Captain Sim did a Doppler Navigation sim in their 707 along with a INS set. I did a You Tube video tutorial on it. Unfortunately very few people were interested enough to master these two systems?   

The Vulcan also used ground mapping radar...? Then that's why there were three guys in the back to work all the navigation and weapons release instruments! Able to navigate and hit the target from 50,000 feet or 500 feet!

You could go to town on these systems but the cost in programming them into the sim may not be economically sensible? You would end up with a £100 add on..(Id buy it but that's just me?)

At the end of the day the GTN, with its moving map and nav systems would probably suffice for most simmers? Perhaps giving an option to install your INS or a GTN, which most simmers have these days.

Just put that induction "howl" into the engine sounds and I, for one, would be happy! That aircraft had the most scary sound of any I have ever herd.

best regards
David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic