This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autopilot
    Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:40pm
Just got the VC-10 and did fly around with the aircraft but I did run into some problems with the autopilot. It might just be me not doing things correctly but when I try to fly with the flight plan via the sim flight planner for P3D V4 it seems to not catch any of the VOR's with the normal position and if I switch the knob to Loc VOR it still will still not go to the VOR but will drift of course and had to divert to another nearby airport on my first non tutorial flight.

Thanks for bringing this aircaft to the sim and cannot wait to fly her across the world,

Harvey
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
Hi Harvey,

Just to clarify, are you attempting to navigate a flight plan programmed into the GPS (default flight planner) or are you tracking radials to/from VORs that are you tuned into the NAV 1 radio? 

If it's the former then you need to set the mode selector to MAN and then engage the NAV switch. If it's the latter then you need to set the mode selector the LOC VOR position and select the desired course on the CDI.

Let me know if that isn't working for you.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 7:08pm
Thank you for the quick reply.

For the former I did have it as you said but nothing seemed to work and then I tried the latter but I think I did not do it correctly. I will come back when I try out the VOR navigation.

Thanks again,

Harvey
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 5:03am
For me right now I fell like the aircraft has a mind of her own and just does not listen to the altitude hold when I engadge it and the aircraft with both GPS and VOR seems to just drift of course and does not do anything to fix herself. I have done the tutorial and the autopilot just would not catch the VOR's.

thank you,

harvey
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:38am
Hi Harvey,

Unfortunately I can't reproduce these issues. Can you get in touch with our support team so we can investigate further? http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 2:44am
I found that the autopilot only works when I fly without going to cold and dark and starting up myself. Its almost like I am missing a step but im doing everything that the manual tells me to do. 
helixkingdom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helixkingdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 4:14pm
Are your CDIs aligned to the correct magnetic heading? I had a magnetic deviaton of more than 90deg compared to stby compass and the only way to align it was the D key. (C&D start)

I was also wondering - are you guys going to make a custom autopilot with pitch command instead of vspeed?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:43am
Hi Harvey,

I've just started the VC10 from cold & dark and the autopilot tracks the GPS flight plan and VORs. It is a bit sluggish to make course corrections when following the GPS flight plan though, and we are looking into that now.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:49am
I often have a similar problem with aircraft without an avionics switch. When I load cold and dark the non-existant avionics switch is off. All you need to do is activate the avionics by a keystroke.
Hriches2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hriches2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Harvey,

I've just started the VC10 from cold & dark and the autopilot tracks the GPS flight plan and VORs. It is a bit sluggish to make course corrections when following the GPS flight plan though, and we are looking into that now.

Thanks
Martyn

Thank you and yes that sounds like the problem that I have when she is very sluggish and sometimes gave up going to the waypoint. Right now I do fly her online but I keep her in the default state for now.

Thanks,

Harvey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic