This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legacy Product Updates to P3Dv4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1vannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legacy Product Updates to P3Dv4
    Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 3:23pm
Martyn, any chance the developers of DC6, Comet, and Viscount will update them to run in v4 or are they dying off along with FSX? Actually an updated Comet would really be in order with fixes like smoke streams and contrails, higher resolution, etc. That vintage plane is exceptionally iconic and historic and yet still in the air with some variants. Can you advise if there is a path forward?

Greg in Chapel Hill
USA

PS: I met you at FlightSim in Connecticut this past summer, the pleasure was all mine.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 7:31am
That was a nice perk Martyn. Congratulations on your rise in the company.
johnep
johnep
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:03am
Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you again. It looks like FlightSimCon has moved to Dallas and FlightSimExpo has formed in Las Vegas. We should be attending at least the FlightSimExpo show so hopefully I'll get to meet plenty more of our loyal US customers then. 

We are still working through the long list of past products to see which of them are compatible with P3D v4. Those aircraft are quite likely to work in v4 with a few minor tweaks but we have no timeline at the moment.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:04am
Originally posted by johnep johnep wrote:

That was a nice perk Martyn. Congratulations on your rise in the company.
johnep

Thanks John. It's taken me a mere 11 years to rise from Tech Support to Development Manager Thumbs Up

Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
joefremont View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joefremont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by S1vannah S1vannah wrote:

Martyn, any chance the developers of DC6, Comet, and Viscount will update them to run in v4 or are they dying off along with FSX? Actually an updated Comet would really be in order with fixes like smoke streams and contrails, higher resolution, etc. That vintage plane is exceptionally iconic and historic and yet still in the air with some variants. Can you advise if there is a path forward?

Greg in Chapel Hill
USA

PS: I met you at FlightSim in Connecticut this past summer, the pleasure was all mine.

For what its worth I use the DC-6 in V4 all the time and it works very well, have not had any issues with it.  As for the others I have not tried them so I can't comment.
david_wi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:54pm
[RESOLVED]

Hi Guys

Tried the Comet in P3D V4 today and everything went well until I tried taking off.
The plane stopped and the sim ctd Embarrassed

Bye, David
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm
I haven't tested the Comet in P3D v4 but it might be worth trying this - http://www.justflight.com/support/comet-jetliner/aa4f70a
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
david_wi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

I haven't tested the Comet in P3D v4 but it might be worth trying this - http://www.justflight.com/support/comet-jetliner/aa4f70a
Yes I found that out yesterday after removing the plane from my P3D V4.1 sim
Installed again and disabled the smoke effect as indicated in the product support page.
Now all is fine and I'm so happy to fly this beautiful plane.Smile

Thanks for your help and Best regards, David
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic