This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Fan Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CAPFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Fan Blades
    Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:17am
Thanks Martyn.  I know you guys want to do it right. :)
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 3:50pm
We are investigating this now. Any fixes that are required should be quick to sort.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CAPFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:55pm
The blades are fine, the problem is the Inlet Guide Vanes (which sit in front of the fan blades) appear to be animated, which is incorrect.  I don't have the plane yet so I can't confirm, but every video I've watched seems to show the IGV's moving during startup and low idle and then I can't tell if they "stop" or what they're doing, but it's not right.  Having worked around Conways and Speys (very similar inlet designs) I can tell you that there is no optical illusion of movement in the IGVs during startup.  If anything, the IGVs make it look like the fan isn't moving because of the extremely wide design of the blades and small gaps between them.

The videos worry me as well as the engine spins clockwise and everything appears to be rotating counter-clockwise.
Debowing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:44pm
I may be wrong but I feel that the fan blades of the jet engines are a bit exposed, it seems that they are a bit too near to the cowling. I would have thought that they would be more recessed and less visible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic